The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Post Up Your Lowered Boss Pics + Details

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulsa, OK
Car looks great AZGT. I really really like the roush wheels but they are hard to find now. I track with two other guys that have them on their cars, one has a Black LS and the other has a trak pak clone lol.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I started my actual wheel-to-wheel racing in a Trak Pak clone...great cars.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/rBHxX5ArF-4[/youtube]

29699_636689626924_3851017_n.jpg

29699_636689636904_4550265_n.jpg

NFSBOSS said:
My complete package includes:

FR P Springs
FR 18000-C adjustable dampers
FR adjustable panhard bar with poly bushings
FR LCA's with poly bushings
FR relocation brackets
Maximum Motorsports camber plates

Because of the poly bushings I have increase NHV but I do not think it's coming from the sway bars. Read more here:

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=2041.0
I believe I read your original article and possibly asked you some questions on SVTP about your setup. Oddly I just noticed that the noise has completely gone away. Possibly just from working itself out.

Every car on here look great with their spring I become rather jealous.

I got a bit crazy ordered the full Cortext set up and also the watts link to boot.

Pics will be up soon.

Guess I can go ahead and update.

Frpp T Springs
Frpp Boss 302s LCAs
Frpp adjustable panhard bar
Frpp LCA relocation brackets
Eibach camber bolts

IMG_3314_zps42f03488.png

colticus said:

Frpp T Springs
Frpp Boss 302s LCAs
Eibach camber bolts

IMG_3314_zps42f03488.png

Perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

colticus said:

Frpp T Springs
Frpp Boss 302s LCAs
Eibach camber bolts

IMG_3314_zps42f03488.png

Niiiice. Curious, what are your thoughts on UCA, better dampers, bump steer kit?

further said:
Niiiice. Curious, what are your thoughts on UCA, better dampers, bump steer kit?
UCA: I haven't really thought about replacing it with an aftermarket piece. Since I'm not tracking the car I don't know if I would benefit from it.
Dampers: I will replace them when the stock ones wear out. From my understanding the T springs are made for the stock dampers so they shouldn't prematurely fail.
Bump steer: I plan on purchasing the boss 302s kit next week. Is it even needed for my application?

I'm open to suggestions and advice. I want to do the right mods, but I also don't want to waste money.

colticus said:
UCA: I haven't really thought about replacing it with an aftermarket piece. Since I'm not tracking the car I don't know if I would benefit from it.
Dampers: I will replace them when the stock ones wear out. From my understanding the T springs are made for the stock dampers so they shouldn't prematurely fail.
Bump steer: I plan on purchasing the boss 302s kit next week. Is it even needed for my application?

I'm open to suggestions and advice. I want to do the right mods, but I also don't want to waste money.

I'm not sure what the right answer is but I'm going with the following parameters once all the components get to my dining room table.

UCA adj - yes
Bump steer - No

One other thing I am considering is the change in rake with the T springs, 15 mm drop in front and 35 mm in the back. This will effectively decrease front downforce. I really like how the Boss holds at speeds, for example, on the uphill Essses at VIR, which can be entered at 120 mph with a clean run. Will I now need the large front spoiler?

Steeda Sport/Comp Boss specific springs.
BMR adjustable panhard bar.
TSW Nurburgring 19X8.5 fronts, and 19x9.5 rears.
More to come...
DSC_0015-3_zps0d164045.jpg

Based on a few of the pics above does it look like the Steeda Boss springs sit a bit higher than the new FRPP Boss springs? I'm having a hard time making a decision. It would be nice to know spring rates too.

Boss949 and Four Walling... thank you! I'm actually not completely sold on the higher profile look... bought the tires mostly 'cause they were on sale cheap, and R6s among the best track tires going for this car. But it does have a tough, purposeful look.

Mardis and 150... your Boss looks fantastic! Great stance! Of course, I am a bit biased re: SBY Bosses. ;-)

JTRAX... Steeda Boss springs yield a mild drop: about .2" front, .8" rear. Just enough to get rid of the hated 4x4 look in the rear, but you keep decent ground clearance for DD duty.

Regarding spring rates, BMO members Jimmy Pribble and HackBoss 302 compiled the following spring rate list over on another thread here:https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=4475.60

TMO Supporting Vendors