The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Post Whoring 3.0 2016

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
ufnavy06 said:
Thinking about upgrading/sideways stepping into an RS. We got kid #2 on the way late this summer, so having an extra set of doors won't hurt. Drove a Golf R this afternoon to see what the competition is. Sadly, it was a DSG, but still a capable car.

Congrats on number 2! @WorldFamousZ may have made the same move (Golf R) for the same reasons...

TMSBOSS said:
Likely upgrading the tow vehicle from F-150 to a F-250. What I should have done when I bought the last truck.

Live and Learn.
IMO
Don't do it. just get the F-350 super duty for a few buck more. Unless you only plan to tow locally.
Its cheaper to grow into your trailer and what your towing that to up-grade your tow truck.
Reason I say this is because I've been down that road with towing.
If you plan on pulling 2 cars someday in an enclosed trailer....GET THE DULLY.
Having the dully will give you way better stability while towing. Its night and day between a standard axel and a dully.
If you have to change lanes quickly or turn quickly to avoid something you will have a much higher chance of not jack knifing or loosing control.
Most of us when we buy a tow vehicle we tend to say that will handle what I'm towing now and not what you may be towing 5 years from now.
If money is not the problem than buy what you want and when you want.
For me...My truck is a long term investment.
My next tow vehicle will be a Dodge Ram 3500 crew cab with the 6.7 diesel.
Puts the F-350 to shame. And I'm a Ford guy.
Remember that this is a stout Tow vehicle. That's built for just that HAULING!

Grant 302

ArizonaBOSS said:
Just sent an email to the dealer I bought my BOSS from inquiring about 2017 GT350 allocations...

Just couldn't resist the dark side? ;)

I'm not going to either of mine until later in the year. :(

ArizonaBOSS said:
Just sent an email to the dealer I bought my BOSS from inquiring about 2017 GT350 allocations...
Are you EVER going to tell us what you thought of it on track?

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
superhero said:
IMO
Don't do it. just get the F-350 super duty for a few buck more. Unless you only plan to tow locally.
Its cheaper to grow into your trailer and what your towing that to up-grade your tow truck.
Reason I say this is because I've been down that road with towing.
If you plan on pulling 2 cars someday in an enclosed trailer....GET THE DULLY.
Having the dully will give you way better stability while towing. Its night and day between a standard axel and a dully.
If you have to change lanes quickly or turn quickly to avoid something you will have a much higher chance of not jack knifing or loosing control.
Most of us when we buy a tow vehicle we tend to say that will handle what I'm towing now and not what you may be towing 5 years from now.
If money is not the problem than buy what you want and when you want.
For me...My truck is a long term investment.
My next tow vehicle will be a Dodge Ram 3500 crew cab with the 6.7 diesel.
Puts the F-350 to shame. And I'm a Ford guy.
Remember that this is a stout Tow vehicle. That's built for just that HAULING!

Thanks for the input.

I would not drive a Dodge to a rock fight......just sayin.

I had a 2003 F-250 diesel SRW and it was a great truck. Went through snow like it was not there. I traded that truck on a F-150 last year. Beautiful truck. Pulled OK but struggled at highway speeds with 24 foot enclosed trailer. Solution.....more power.

Will I ever own a two car trailer.....nope. The F-250 can have a B plate and is cheaper to register The difference in a F-250 and F-350 were not enough for me to pay for capacity I will likely never use.

If I have the same luck/dependability with this F-250 as the last, I will still have it when I am collecting Social Security

Just like with the new muscle cars, Detroit is making a great crop of lite trucks to choose from.

Grant 302

302BOB said:
This thread's been doormat for quite some time. Is it dead or just need a shot in the arm? I'm no doctor.......but................ ;D

Whadya call me? ???

No posters in my mirrors. No way I'm catching Drew. No need to ho fo sho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel