The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Post Whoring 4.0 2017

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny I was just working on that, unsuccessfully I might add. There's a devil in the new pack if I can get it to work.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Suggested for years for folks to practice heel and toe in newly developed housing areas , since there are usually some in about any part of the Country. Speed is not the important part, just practicing the movement. Other option is to get on a lightly traveled road in the country. Either way practicing at lower speeds is fine, you are trying to get technique and to a certain degree habit , prior to doing it at the track.

Autoblip is a great idea for many though, especially for those that left foot brake. Either way, do what is best for your driving style , because the more comfortable you are the faster you are likely to go. Old farts , like me, especially enjoy the ballet of heel and toe, and as I mentioned it helps me stay focused and concentrate on every lap time.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
I have to agree with Bill. You can practice heal toe almost anytime you drive.

Start with braking only by modulating and braking with your heal elevated off of the floor. Your left foot has to float and the ball of your foot on the brake pedal. Eventually this will be your heal/toe pivot point.

Begin heal toe training at slower speeds and begin to increase the speed your vehicle and your heal/toe action. Once you get it, you'll find yourself heal/toeing on your way to pick up a gallon of milk!

It just takes practice and for me the biggest challenge was getting my left foot (heal) off of the floor and learn to properly modulate my braking.

Good Luck,
302 Hi Pro

PS: With proper shoes!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Of course...

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Figured a little frivolity on St. Paddy's Day. Sure, I was just fudging , as my wife doesn't even have any 5 inch pumps!!

Heals and fudge? Don't go to the dark side on us now Bill....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made a big pot of corned beef cabbage & potatoes on Sunday.....last of the leftovers today & tomorrow.....Bill, your wife may not have any 5" pumps....just make sure you keep yours well hidden....;)

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Best corned beef in the Universe is at Katz's Deli in the lower East side of Manhattan. Put that on some rye, layer on the sauerkraut ( another take on cabbage) , little Russian dressing , and that is my idea of corned beef and cabbage!

Heh, have some Irish ancestry in my blood, so fair substitute in my mind, ha.

Seriously, have a safe and fun St. Paddy's Day today ,and though cereal malt beverages start flowing even at 6 am down the road in Omaha, heard recently the best place to celebrate the wearing of the Green is not Boston or Chicago, it is Savannah, Georgia ( surprised me too !)

The plan is to go down the road to a New Haven Irish Bar & Grill with Hon & Son this afternoon. WPLR, a New Haven Rock Radio Station has been broadcasting there Llive since 5:30 AM & will be there till 7pm...........we'll see how this pans out.............Happy St Patty's day everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel