The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Post Whoring 4.0 2017

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget to factor in the "Boss Years" ratio.....It's gotta help me a little bit?........What's the mileage on that TymeSlayer anyway? That "you're only as old as you feel" baloney fizzled out years ago. Some days for the good and.....................you'll see.................

Last edited:
Message count has just passed my birth year (1955)....I must be getting old......But Not In "Boss Years"....:cool:
Wow someone older than me. And you're not even close to being old yet. ;)

Just finished one of my best grilled cheese sandwiches yet....the secret is a ripe tomato right out of your garden! First off butter 2 slices of firm bread while heating up a small pan on the stove. Cut up your tomato 2 slices about 1/4 thick will work & a slice of American cheese..I also dice some cheddar cheese for good measure.You should be ready to rock & roll now....Throw 1st slice of bread in your hot pan.buttered side down then top with your slice of American cheese and add those tomatoes on top with some oregano & minced garlic and finally your cheddar cheese...put the other slice of bread on buttered side up & cover for 4 to5 mins. Now comes the tricky part...You have to flip it over (bottom should be golden brown) I use a spatula and let that go for another 4 to 5 mins.Now after both sides have browned remove from the heat and let cool down for at least 10 mins! insides will be HOT.I usually have this with a corn on the cob but both corn & tomatoes are winding down quickly this time of year.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
What's the mileage on that TymeSlayer anyway? That "you're only as old as you feel" baloney fizzled out years ago.

I would need to hit 1957 in my message total. Feel like I did when I was 50. Quit smoking, get some unregulated exercise, eat a bit better but not that much that I live like Euell Gibbons and although the body closes in on 60, the heart is young and the mind still immature.

That tomato and grilled chesse samitch sounds awesome Bob.

I too used to smoke but quit cold turkey back in 1992. I had no choice...My future bride would have no part of me (especially that most important part;)) if I didn't. One of the best things I ever did! I don't know how anybody can afford to smoke now-a-days. When I started a pack went for 35 cents, now in CT it will probably be closing in on $12.00 a pack with the new budget tax increases, if they EVER approve a budget.My eating habits have shifted towards the better also, all tho I will NEVER give up my pizza! If any MD tries to put me on a "cardboard" diet I will have to get TymeSlayer and his "welcome" committee to calm them down! My Boss is the best therapy I could ever have!....besides one other thing that comes to mind..:rolleyes:

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
It was easier to quit smoking pot than cigarettes. I gave up MJ in the eighties and started losing weight, go figure! Quit smoking and packed on the pounds. Now I have to hear about Bob's tomato grilled cheese and see his picture of pizza and I can feel the belt tightening...

TymeSlayer, Here's what I think was happening.When you smoke pot,it enhances your appetite & you'll get the "munchies" & an urge to splurge. Smoking cigarettes suppresses your appetite. That's why when you quit cigarettes you may eat more without even realizing it. ..Add a slower metabolism to the mix and you've got an uphill battle on your hands. You might need to get a bigger belt...

We had our brush with "Jose" today.Things were a little calmer than predicted since the storm took a little sharper right turn. All the tropical storm warnings were taken down by the afternoon ( I not complaining!) The poor folks near Puerto Rico are going to get hammered overnite into tomorrow AM from "Maria" with some places still feeling the effects from "irma". It's been a very active hurricane season so far which doesn't end til the end of Nov...:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMO Supporting Vendors