The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Post Whoring 4.0 2017

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please post comments about the AUTO-BLiP contest in this thread.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Well 302 Bob , think of the bright spot, with 1 to 2 feet of snow you will have the next three days to get intimately acquainted with the new Website format?!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Just ordered my Auto-blip with my TMO discount and I can hardly wait to try it out!

THANKS TMO!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
On oval tracks we did't use the clutch, we'd left foot brake so that is what's instinct for me now.
Before that in sports cars the pedals were close together, so it was way easier.
Now I think I'm too old, too stiff and too dumb to get acquainted with this new wide ass pedal layout.
Auto Blip? To The Rescue!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Learned to heel and toe on a Viper and the pedals are somewhat apart in a similar manner , so I have found the pedal placement okay , but then I have a tendency to twist my foot and I find it easier to trailbrake with my right foot ---sure it is more a situation of age and years of this habit.

Frankly , considering that so many newer drivers find it hard to practice or learn the technique, an auto-blip has a solid spot for many as it gets them up to speed quicker on the track. I used to say that one needed to learn how to heel and toe ( the old fart purist coming out in me ), but with so many of the new hot shoes coming from karts and other venues where left foot braking is taught , it is now a rationale choice for each driver to choose the way to go. I still enjoy the ballet and find that working on perfecting my heel and toe shifting on many courses , helps me focus and concentrate on going quicker , as I realize keeping the revs up is an integral part of going faster!!

Neat product for many , but especially a left foot braker, imho.

I need an autoblip. I've only done 3 HPDE's but I've almost lost it several times from doing a horrible job up shifting and the rear getting squirrelly on me.

Last edited:
I tried practicing a little off track but here in clearwater/tampa area there are so many people and so little open road to do anything. Plus I look ridiculous revving way too high and then braking way too late. Scares the crap out of the people in front of me.

Kinda sad that I've been lurking here for 2 years and only now have 10 posts. I'm here to learn and for the used parts. Love this site and the deals I've found. Now if I can only win this autoblip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel