The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Post Whoring 5.0 2018

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
And Bob, perhaps you can use Uber Eats to get you some of Grants Grub.

o_O Man, that sounds kinda gross! ;)

Grant, Saw this in today's paper and immediately thought of your "magic" kitchen...https://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Printers-by-day-Pizza-Picassos-at-night-13256396.php
:D
Dave Conti said:
“A good dough takes two days.”
At least...more if you 'proof' in the fridge! Last night's was from 8 days. I'm used to working with dough in the 3-5 day range.

Dave Conti said:
Anna Napoletana Extra Fine unbleached flour
Tipo '00', like I mentioned before ;)

Dave Conti said:
...and how to know dough is ready for baking by its feel
Same for mixing, IMO. I don't weigh or measure precisely, though. Might need to check out the school he went to.

Last night's pies:
31106276668_8f3ecb54a1.jpg

31106278018_a3db1aecb1.jpg

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Yes you can buy the frozen at the local grocery store and they're okay but frozen buns just can't beat fresh ones. I checked their website and the closest location of a White Castle near me would be in Las Vegas, 773 miles away. A bit too far for fast food.

White Castle near me would be in Las Vegas, 773 miles away. A bit too far for fast food.
Tyme you are right about that! White Castles aren't that good to go that distance!That's true for even the best pizza in the world, which happens to about 20 minutes away from me in New Haven, CT...Modern, Pepe's or Sally's, they're all great! Grant, you didn't make the list because you're just a tad too far away.

Saw an ad in the Oct issue of Car and Driver for an alcohol free whiskey (Arkay). We boys drink water because we're thirsty...We have some whiskey when we like it..............Where am I going with this?????????????...Maybe water is cheaper than Arkay for the same result???????????

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
"Arkay"..............what does a drunk in Little Rock ask his buddy who fell flat on his face after drinking too much whiskey?

Arkay.....to make an alcoholic drink, just add Bourbon.

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Why?
Can you imagine an alcohol free vodka martini?
Bob is right, water is cheaper.
But who knows? People are dumb. We bought bottled water even though you can get it out of the tap and some even paid for rocks and called them pets.

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Two slices of 1/4 sliced and fried SPAM
One lightly toasted everything bagel
Two slices of pepper jack cheese
Two thinly sliced tomatoes
Lettuce

I'm telling you it's good. Just can't have it too often but the hankering does come to my palate from tyme to tyme.

Grant 302

You mean you're going to add SPAM to your diet? ;) To be honest, my wife is the better human...I just pointed out how to make the donation systematically/scheduled, because of the nerd I am.

-------

Made the kids' pizza this week with extra dough ~1 lb. ball (double) for the 12" screen. Too much carb for me, but the kids loved it.

44247479895_bd7d65cc50.jpg

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Sounds like the better human is wearing off on you, and your nerdy comments may give some other TMO members some ideas - heh, this is a friendly place for good natured joking ,while being the best place on Earth for technical and valuable Stang track info. I will just stand by the fact that you are an okay , caring nerd, but Tyme will keep me constantly checking my SPAM filter, ha!

Grant 302

That *is* one reason why I married her!!

And thanks for the reminder about OPM, I gotta bump it again. Helpful little comments like, "I'm really surprised you aren't in an R..." - to a friend that had an LS but went back to Mopar for a bit. Keepin' OPM rollin'. :D

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
The rest of us, thank you , as we all show our wives or significant others your OPM figures when they mention how much we spend racing. You are not just a nerd, your are an absent de facto marriage counselor for many of us...ha,ha!!!

Actually I married an incredible woman too, and she even pushed me to start racing 37 years ago -- a moment I can mention if she says I am spending too much at the track?! Surprisingly , I can't remember the last time she complained - damn I love that woman!

TMO Supporting Vendors