The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Post Whoring 5.0 2018

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
"It'll be a Kona Blue Christmas... without you"
Sung to Sweet Lorraine

If only I could get her through the front door and next to the tree! I did get her a few days before Christmas in 2011.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
You were able to take a BossR on the street?! You must have a very friendly police force to not notice a missing numbers plate on the back. Great photo!
Thanks! But it's no R, and the story *isn't* that interesting...

Back in 2015 for a BMO-West track day at Laguna Seca, I thought I'd put on the R graphics on my GT just for the event and take them off shortly after. A week after I got back to SoCal, some of my friends and I were hanging out at Donut Derelicts in Huntington Beach and somebody recognized it as 'Uncle Billy's car'. That was Billy Johnson's brother in law and niece. I was already liking the look, but that just made me decide to leave it on a little longer. It's a loose tribute/clone of CTSCC #158 that I call 'FakeR'.

18053819761_f35631e3ba_c.jpg

17866740069_c4b6dab762_c.jpg

30552679903_f0c201b657_c.jpg

38625376786_9df2647f0b_c.jpg

37619550255_f99f7d9db0_c.jpg

cholmes1

400lb Gorilla
Denver, CO
Thank you for sharing Grant. I think it is a wonderful tribute. I spoke to Tyme on Friday about doing something similar with my 13’ Laguna as a tribute to the Continental Tire/Michelin Pilot cars and the newer GT4 livery.

Have you gotten much, if any, flack from the community? I know it is ‘my car - my choice’ but I certainly would not be doing it to pass my car off as someone else’s and don’t want to offend

Thanks again for sharing. Very fortuitous timing for me to see the picture of you with your friends.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I haven't taken any flak to my face...except for one PM here. One friend who generally dislikes clones says, "it's a racecar! leave it!" when I've mentioned ditching the graphics. After I got used to the attention that my CO Boss gets on the street, driving the GT like this wasn't an issue. What's interesting is how many more people I've met and talked to because of it.

Now the only real negative to me has been the increase in call-outs to race on the street. That's tough for me as an old drag racer and the fact that the car launches really well...but I turn them all down. The car is so easily identifiable and I don't approve of street racing anyway.

cholmes1

400lb Gorilla
Denver, CO
15-heins-motorsports-mustang-boss-302rs.jpg
Merry Christmas TMO. Mystery photo for the holiday

TMO Supporting Vendors