The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Post Your Time Slip Here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Florida / Massachusetts
February 1, 2024 - Bradenton Motorsports Park, Florida - Throwdown Thursday (AKA Test & Tune)
2014 Mustang GT, 6R80 Automatic, Brembo Package, Steeda CAI and 93 Octane Tune (1oz octane booster/gal)
285/40R18 Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S tires on Forgestar 18"x10" D5 Drag wheels
(passenger seat, rear seat, and strut brace removed, 1/4 tank fuel, front tires 45 psi, rear tires 18 psi)
DA ranged from approximately +254 to -165

2024-02-01_TimeSlips.JPG

IMG_5812.JPG
IMG_5813.JPG

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Florida / Massachusetts
October 22, 2023 - New England Dragway - Test & Tune - Car #761
2012 Mustang GT, MT-82 Manual, 3.73 Rear Axle, Steeda 93 Octane Tune
275/60R15 Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S tires on Race Star 15"x8" Drag wheels
(no weight reduction, 1/4 tank fuel, front tires 45 psi, rear tires 17 psi)
DA ranged from approximately +770 to +450

IMG_5528.JPG
IMG_5521.JPG
IMG_5377.JPG
IMG_5378.JPG

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Florida / Massachusetts
Nice, solid, impressive runs and you are quite consistent with that loud pedal -- congrats!

Thanks, Bill! The car is running well, and the air was great that night. Track prep at Bradenton is awesome; those guys do a fantastic job.

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Florida / Massachusetts
Even though my Barton shifter works much better than the stock unit on my 2012 GT, I do have MGW envy! It must be a thrill to row that 2021 Mach 1 around the track/town!

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Florida / Massachusetts
Use an MGW shifter in someone's car and you will just figure it was a learning experience and your Barton will be replaced, ha,ha.
Did you install it yourself? I may have to treat myself this spring when I go back to Massachusetts for the summer! :D

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I have had close to 5-6 of them, but I have not installed any of them myself. Habit from working at a Car Dealership for years and our Motorsports Division did a bunch of MGWs on Vipers, and then later Mustangs.

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Florida / Massachusetts
I have had close to 5-6 of them, but I have not installed any of them myself. Habit from working at a Car Dealership for years and our Motorsports Division did a bunch of MGWs on Vipers, and then later Mustangs.
I did my Barton, but that was a simple remove and replace. I have seen some videos of the MGW install and I know that would be a little more challenging, especially on jack stands.

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Florida / Massachusetts
I have installed 3 MGW shifters, two on Jack stands. Watch the video George has on the site and add some time in case you need it. Nothing complicated, just a little tight.
I will check out the video. Thanks for the inspiration!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I was spoiled as we did a little minor R&D with George when he was doing Viper shifters many years ago , so my car or later my Motorsports/Viper/SRT Service Mgr Viper was used and I was essentially getting almost free labor. George never stops working on improving his shifters, even when most folks think they are perfect. When you take them out of the box you marvel at the workmanship ( all US made , no China stuff ever ) from the guys in Augusta , GA. -- they are works of Art!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
I did the Gen 2 Mgw on my 2011 on jack stands. It wasn’t too bad. I replaced it with an x-spec while the MT82 was out of the car the first time. I tried the stock Tremec shifter on the Magnum XL but found it lacking. Ordered another MGW and installed it with the tranny in the car. All were fairly easy installs.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel