The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Post Your Time Slip Here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Post your time slips in this thread. Who's going to be first???

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
timeslip1.jpg

hard to make out the numbers, so i will type it too
R/T......... .355
60'......... 1.934
330........ 5.319
1/8........ 8.010
MPH....... 92.11
1000...... 10.305
1/4........ 12.246
MPH....... 116.86

WEATHER: who knows? Capitol Raceway hasn't had a working weather station in years. it was October 2011 in Maryland, so it was likely around 75 degrees with 60% humidity. around 8pm.

THE CAR:
2011 GT with brembos and 3.73's. steeda 3rd link. C&L CAI with Bama canned tune. Stock Pirelli 255's. scale at the strip said 3760 with me in it (205lbs).

I have NEVER been able to match this time (runs 12.4XX all day) and as you can see, the proof of this magical run is disappearing.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
2012 Boss. Stock except MT Drag Radials.
Track 966. With weather 1500ft.
Only mods are MGW shifter and I had to install a Upper Control Arm from Steeda to prevent any wheel hop from damaging the drivetrain.
11.92,[email protected]
11.97@115
e5eguny6.jpg
2a5u5emu.jpg

[email protected]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1wGUEHC12M

2012 Boss 302
Naturally Aspirated
302 4V Roadrunner
MT82
M\T ET Streets 27"
3:73 gears
Kooks headers X pipe
Steeda CAI
3835 LBS w Driver

23APR13

Switched over to E85

11.375 @ 120.96

DA detail between passes 11.31 (1475) / 11.37 +345
Ambient detail 11.31 47 degrees / 11.37 65 degrees

attachment.php

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
davsta said:
[email protected]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1wGUEHC12M

2012 Boss 302
Naturally Aspirated
302 4V Roadrunner
MT82
M\T ET Streets 27"
3:73 gears
Kooks headers X pipe
Steeda CAI
3835 LBS w Driver

23APR13

Switched over to E85

11.375 @ 120.96

DA detail between passes 11.31 (1475) / 11.37 +345
Ambient detail 11.31 47 degrees / 11.37 65 degrees

attachment.php
stock suspension and shifter?

Justin said:
stock suspension and shifter?

Metco lowers and upper and ICM brackets only suspension changes outside of the wheels and tires. Stock shifter with Barton bracket. 60 foot times in the 1.70's leave room for improvement.
Some of that can be attributed to the track, Gville does not place much effort into track prep for a TNT session.

Justin

davsta said:
Tuners inc. Tony Gonyon. He works closely with Sean (AED)
oh I know who that is. he used to be called something else. he cost me a a motor in my 96 cobra back years ago. and his neighbor across the street (hope he is out of business) blew it up before him cause he had it on the dyno running with no fan and unplugged my radiator fan.

Justin said:
oh I know who that is. he used to be called something else. he cost me a a motor in my 96 cobra back years ago. and his neighbor across the street (hope he is out of business) blew it up before him cause he had it on the dyno running with no fan and unplugged my radiator fan.
Sorry to hear about your Cobra, Tony is a solid guy. Known him for years. The ratio of success vs failure is definitely in his favor. I assume the guy across the street starts with an R...if so that business is active still.
Small world. Are you in NE Florida?
Sean has been very helpful regarding the tuning. Very solid guy as well.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Welcome. I already know you through other forums and subscribed to your youtube.
Nice runs. I have a Steeda CAI and Tune but haven't re ran the Boss. (Well I did and tune needed adjustment)
Steeda sent me new tune. I've talked with Sean about a tune but he told me I have to do some data logging for him to send me a tune.

Justin

davsta said:
Sorry to hear about your Cobra, Tony is a solid guy. Known him for years. The ratio of success vs failure is definitely in his favor. I assume the guy across the street starts with an R...if so that business is active still.
Small world. Are you in NE Florida?
Sean has been very helpful regarding the tuning. Very solid guy as well.
I am no longer in Florida it was years ago when I was stationed there. Should have not had him tune it for meth as he had no experience with it at the time. I have Sean's tunes on my cobra and it is by far the best tune I have ran so far. Steeda's tune was lack luster and there idle tune had driveablity issues. JLP was my first tune and it blew junks.

the guy across the street he tuned mostly maurders with blowers. total a$$ hat.

the 28" slicks I feel are to tall for me.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Re: Re: Post Your Time Slip Here

Justin said:
the 28" slicks I feel are to tall for me.

I have ran 27 and 28 tall. With my experience I trapped the same and ran. 3 tenths quicker with my 28s.

great sticky! I am going to get to the drag strip sometime once i get a few more miles on mine. My goals is to run a baseline drag, autox, and road course or two before i go crazy with the mods. Thanks for getting this thread rolling!

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Re: Re: Post Your Time Slip Here

flyby763 said:
Left lane. Mine from last month. 100% stock, first time out with it. Going back next week to try to improve.
Not bad, gotta get the launch down and you'll be on your way.

TMO Supporting Vendors