The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Post your track wheel/tire setups

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I would like to pick up a set of square wheels for the track, preferably 18x10 all around. I'm interested in seeing your track setups that you run.
So please post some pics!

Wheel Manufacturer
Wheel "Style" or Manufacturer given name.
Wheel size and width
Offset
Tire manufacturer
Tire size and width
Any lowering modifications

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Call Luke Pavlik at the Tire Rack ( extention 362) , as alot of us have gotten rims from him. He tracks his cars and has probably gone to 20 tracks in the US -- schools, events ,etc. In other words he is not just a Tire Salesman/Advisor is a bona fide track rat!

Not running square , but am running the common set-up of Enkei PF01s with 18 x 9.5s in the front and 18x 10.5s in the rear. Run 275 R6s in front and 295 R6s in the rear. Some guys are running Nittos as they can get a 305 in the rear and 285s on the front.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into that. But I have tried both square and staggered and I really prefer the way the car drives with a square setup, It seems to handle more neutral.

I'm really just looking for pictures of what people are running so I can get some ideas.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
18x10 D-Force wheels from Vorshlag.

I've been running 275x35 Continental (hoosier) take-offs. Will be moving to 305x650x18 Continental (hoosier) slicks after this next track event.

Check the link... all of their testing is covered there.

JScheier said:
18x10 D-Force wheels from Vorshlag.

I've been running 275x35 Continental (hoosier) take-offs. Will be moving to 305x650x18 Continental (hoosier) slicks after this next track event.

Check the link... all of their testing is covered there.

Sweet. I'm running the same. Help a bloke out; where are you getting the 305's from?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel