The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Potenza RE-11 on the stock wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I want to buy Potenza re-11 ( the only extreme summer that can fit standard Boss wheels, apart from Advan Neova AD08)

I am thinking this will be a step up from the stock tires

265/35-19 front
285/35-19 rear

Or shall I go with 255/35-19 front?

What do you guys think about the front tire size and the RE-11 too?

I would stick with 265's up front, as the circumference remains closer to stock config.
The wider patch wouldn't hurt either, as there is understeer in the stock setup.

Why not get PSS? They come in the same size as stock, and perform better than most people would think. Check out this video (and see 9:29 for results).
PSS is tested along side street tires usually used for competition use, and despite that, it still held it's own (better than nt05...and re11 :D).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kASM04zuHlo&hd=1

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
When it comes time for replacement I've been leaning toward the PSS. I don't need an all weather tire here in SE TX. Interesting results in the video, I don't think I've ever seen any mention of Dunlop's on BMO.

Fomoco302 said:
When it comes time for replacement I've been leaning toward the PSS. I don't need an all weather tire here in SE TX. Interesting results in the video, I don't think I've ever seen any mention of Dunlop's on BMO.

I used to run the Dunlops (starspec z1). Loved them.
They don't make a size that'll work for our cars, and I suspect that's why it never gets a mention.
Z2 are more heat sensitive than Z1 FWIW. Maybe will work for ax, but not as well for circuit work

boro92 said:
I used to run the Dunlops (starspec z1). Loved them.
They don't make a size that'll work for our cars, and I suspect that's why it never gets a mention.
Z2 are more heat sensitive than Z1 FWIW. Maybe will work for ax, but not as well for circuit work

Take a look at the new Pirelli Trefo. This looks very interesting. They say it is a race car tire for street use not like the Corsa a street tire for race track use. The Price is a little less than the Coras system. If any one trys them please write a report. Thanks,

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
jim woodruff said:
Take a look at the new Pirelli Trefo. This looks very interesting. They say it is a race car tire for street use not like the Corsa a street tire for race track use. The Price is a little less than the Coras system. If any one trys them please write a report. Thanks,

Jim you mention price, where did you see them for sale? I need new tires and these sound interesting

Tucson302 said:
Jim you mention price, where did you see them for sale? I need new tires and these sound interesting

I saw the add in the Porsche Club mag. I called tire rack and the are not selling them. Contact Bob Woodman Tires they have some sizes in stock. I may be able to try them in December at Daytona Woodman will be there. I do know he has some in stock but the rears are on back order. From what woodman says the are to compete with sport cup race tires. A set is about $1700.00. Thats all I know. Another new Item i say was the new Impact head restraint looks very
neat. I have contacted impact with no responce yet. Someone should look into a group buy on these. I have already sold my Hans and Safety Soulations.

I thought RE-11 being extreme summer are better than PSS which is max summer
The difference in time between both of them was minimal and the price of PSS is higher too.
Good video, by the way

Now for Pirelli Trofeo R are awsome, but $400+ a piece lol

I will eventually go with 18 inch Enkei PF01, but because I am spending some money on watts link and other rear suspension mods, so I thought I can use the stock wheels at the time being.

I did use the Dunlop zIIs on the stock wheels. 275s all the way around. They were way better than the stock pirellis I liked them a lot. No problems fitting them either. I wasn't too worried about going a little smaller out back since I mostly used them for autox and the car is loose out there when you get into it anyways. I do think they are softer than a michilen but in the autox circle better than the re-11s. I got a lot of use out of them. Somewhere around ~130-140 autox runs, 3 track days and ~8000miles which I thought was decent considering autox can wear them quickly. Just now on the wear bars but are definitely heat cycled out.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel