The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Power steering assist setting for 2013 Boss 302

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
To our only currently 'behind the wheel' forum member... What setting are you using for your Boss? Have you left it like it was when driven off the lot, or have your sampled each setting to see what suits you best for every day driving? Thanks.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
I believe the 3 modes are Comfort, Normal, and Sport. So are you claiming to be "Normal" ?! :D

I haven't moved it out of Standard (aka Normal) the default yet. Around town is seems to be fine so I haven't touched it. We'll see on the track once I get it out there. Sorry I can't tell you more! I guy bought the GHIG in NC this weekend so hopefully he'll show up here soon and we'll get more 2013 perspectives around here!

I bought the GHIG one and while I've only had it for about 30 hours, I have only used sport setting and find it to be perfect for most normal driving. I'll have to play around with the others in the next couple of days.

I use sport on my 12, and find it too soft. I think less boost would probably help with front end feel, since it is electric maybe someone will come out with a way to flash new boost settings.

CaliMR said:
I use sport on my 12, and find it too soft. I think less boost would probably help with front end feel, since it is electric maybe someone will come out with a way to flash new boost settings.

Put the track key in it does do this already, I drive with it set at sport.

Track key + sport is too soft imo, still leaves the front numb. Pretty much every modern car I have driven is the same, my 2006 Evo was even softer but it had a lot more feel. My track car was pretty bad until I swapped a tiny steering wheel onto it, now I can feel everything.

CaliMR said:
Track key + sport is too soft imo, still leaves the front numb. Pretty much every modern car I have driven is the same, my 2006 Evo was even softer but it had a lot more feel. My track car was pretty bad until I swapped a tiny steering wheel onto it, now I can feel everything.
It has been some years since I have raced but always found most drivers with a smaller steering wheel get kind of a choppy effect I have always went larger to smooth out my corners.

It depends on the car you are using imo. I hate big steering wheels, especially in cars that don't have tilt, because my stubby arms have issues with the top being to far away and then I have to shuffle. It also helps with cars that are overboosted or numb or have really slow steering. My track car has all those issues.

TMO Supporting Vendors