The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Power steering fault

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did a quick search to see if anyone had a similar issue as to what I experienced a few minutes ago, no such luck. I turned my car on and it stated "Power Steering Fault" and wouldn't let me move the wheel at all. I turned my car off and waited a minute before turning it back on, and the message/issue went away. Has anyone else had this happen?

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
Have not seen that one. Matter of fact, haven't seen any faults of any kind come up. So it wouldn't let you move the wheel at all or the wheel was just really stiff?

John

not Ford related, but my father just had something similar happen on his 2007 BMW M6. in his situation the steering worked normally but the light came on and the code was for the steering lock. In his case, BMW did a good will warranty on it because it could have locked up the steering while being driven.

your issue might be the steering lock OR something to do with the electronic portion of the rack / column?

I am wondering if it was just a one time glitch, not sure if it may have even stored a code. Could always have Ford read the ECU to see if anything has come up.

TMO Supporting Vendors