The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Power stop track day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've run the Powerstop Track Day pads with both the 13.2 inch GT sliding piston calipers and 14 inch brembos on my S197. They are cheap and pretty dusty, but I really like the initial bite for autocross. No experience with them on track besides Pocono infield autocross events.

Not sure what the temp range is on them, but I've been able to get them HOT with a co-driver hot lapping 14 runs in one autox heat with no cool down time (34xxlb car). Personally, I would definitely want some kind of brake cooling for lapping days in addition to track pads.

Hopefully someone with HPDE experience on the Powerstops can chime in

-J

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
NC
I've used them on track before. Some say the dust will mess up your wheels, mine were fine. They are fine for a novice to lower intermediate student. As you get faster, they become less effective. Hopefully this helps

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I wasn't impressed with them, they were not better than the stock Ford PP1 pads (which are Ferodos) and did not last well at all. Quite scary in the long hard downhill brake zone at St. Jovite actually, they gave up really badly there.

TMO Supporting Vendors