The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

"Power Up Your Boss 302" - Ford Racing Boss 302 Parts List

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
cloud9 said:
ArizonaGT said:
Pulled the trigger on the WC Splitter today from one of my local dealers...*bang*!
"winter mod" season for Drew!

Pretty much, lol!

Dealer is replacing my ring & pinion now for an obnoxious whine at highway speeds. Gonna take her out to California to crew for 24H LeMons @ Buttonwillow on the 30th, then when we get back, on goes the suspension, splitter and hood. Then I just gotta get hooked up w/ a body shop to get the hood painted, and LS wing installed/painted.

Laguna Seca is only about 200 miles from Buttonwillow.

ArizonaGT said:
cloud9 said:
ArizonaGT said:
Pulled the trigger on the WC Splitter today from one of my local dealers...*bang*!
"winter mod" season for Drew!

Pretty much, lol!

Dealer is replacing my ring & pinion now for an obnoxious whine at highway speeds. Gonna take her out to California to crew for 24H LeMons @ Buttonwillow on the 30th, then when we get back, on goes the suspension, splitter and hood. Then I just gotta get hooked up w/ a body shop to get the hood painted, and LS wing installed/painted.
I

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Nope, never been there...I will be camping at the track, so the local scenery will be irrelevant :)

@ Gary--this will be my first venture to one as well. I was asked to drive but didn't want to fork out the cash for the seat, at least not right now. From the youtube vids I've seen, it's a real shitshow :)

ArizonaGT said:
Nope, never been there...I will be camping at the track, so the local scenery will be irrelevant :)

@ Gary--this will be my first venture to one as well. I was asked to drive but didn't want to fork out the cash for the seat, at least not right now. From the youtube vids I've seen, it's a real shitshow :)
Funny. I'd probably be willing to write the check to drive, on the other hand I don't want to spend countless nights and weekends getting the car ready lol.

cloud9 said:
ArizonaGT said:
You want to come out and watch some LeMons idiocy? Set of Hoosiers isn't in my budget until August, so no tracking until then for me :eek:
I've heard that's good times. I'll have to make one of those sometime.

depends on your idea of 'fun' ;-)

after weeks of readying our 1985 acura integra sedan in our driveways (bought it for $450 - 260k miles), and having a friend paint it, we hauled that piece of crap up to thunderhill in the pouring rain in an open trailer, passed tech, and joined 185 or so other cars as we gridded up on the approx 2.5 mile track. talk about density. I didn't know what was more dense...that many cars on one track, or me for agreeing to participate.

the funniest bits came at the driver's meeting - the first was when the race organizer asked for a show of hands of folks who'd never driven any car on any track...and I swear at least half the hands went up. that's when I knew the sh#$ was going to be going down. Then they start going through the flags..."here's the flag for debris on the track" he says..."well, hey, let's face it" he continues..."it's a LeMons race, there's always debris on the track"

then I recognized a face from the past - Tommy Kendall - his younger brother was my roommate all through college...and Tommy went to the same school as we did, so we saw a lot of him as his racing career was in it's formative phase. we talked for a bit...I was surprised that he'd be driving in such an event...and his attitude was 'why not'...that, at least, gave me a little comfort.

anyway, we had a ball. but I determined after that race that it just wasn't for me...too much hassle for not enough unencumbered time on track...and the jeopardy level was WAY too high. for me, one of the big indicators of the level of safety involved was that nearly everyone was looking at me as if I were an alien when they saw me throw on the HANS...I swear, most of the folks there thought that a foam neck ring was the pinnacle of safety.

that is changing of course...due to necessity...the race right after that t-hill race was at Sears Point and there was a really nasty wreck at that race...after years of people fighting the HANS thing, it looks like they're now gong to mandate it.

even if you don't drive, the races are a huge spectacle...something worth going to see, for sure...not for the racing, just walk the paddocks and you'll be amazed at the costumes / themes / decorated cars.

5 DOT 0 said:
ihatepotholess said:
i called ford racing today to inquire the boss 302 specified springs. the guy told me it is going to be at least another 3-4 months away :-X
Yikes! Time to order up some P springs then.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/boss-302-technical-forum/ford-racing-suspension-upgrades/

yea, they have a different answer everytime i call them. maybe Mr.Wilson can chime in on this matter.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel