PP, MP & TT Car Info?

Discussion in 'BOSS 302 and GT350 Registry' started by Boss2X, Mar 10, 2015.

1. superhero

superhero TMO Addict

I'll bet they spent some time on the engine dyno at Ford.

2. PP0001

PP0001 TMO Advanced

Who knows but suggest that they did not.

The Boss engines that spent a lot of time on the dyno's at Ford would have been much earlier than these 2 display cars.

The very early VP and TT cars would have engines that spent a lot of time on the dyno and then installed in the very early Boss cars.

Project "747" which was the internal code name for the Boss 302 program at Ford started back in 2008 with 2009 having most of the testing done on these new Boss engines so by mid 2010 these engines were pretty much ready to go.

The 12 PP cars were more display and executive cars and of the 5 known PP cars only one had high mileage and that is PP0004 otherwise the other 4 had very low mileage on them.

PP0001 had engine #20 installed in it with PP0002 having engine #10 installed in it.

I can tell you one thing and that is both engines run real well and prior to putting them away I regularly ran then up to the 7500 RPM redline and in fact of the 8 Boss cars that I have owned certainly PP0002 seems to have the strongest engine of the whole bunch based on having logged a lot of miles in these Boss cars.

PP0002 attended the NASCAR Experience Tour in 2011 which involved 16 NASCAR races during the year. I regularly see the caretaker who took care of this car in 2011 and has become a friend who took care of this car during the entire 2011 NASCAR season and has told me some interesting stories about this display car which was delivered to me with just over 200 miles on the odometer.

;)

3. Champale

Champale TMO Race

7500RPM - thank you for that interesting information! I wonder if PP0002 has some special work done on the engine (or a non-EPA compliant ECU tune?) or if it had a 'hard' break-in, which resulted in more power?

Either way, I enjoy hearing your inside knowledge about these cars. Thank you!

John

4. PP0001

PP0001 TMO Advanced

John, thank you for your comments and your guess is as good as mine with respect to PP0002 having had some special tuning or some sort extra performance but I absolutely cannot wait each time in order to get this car out when I stretch it's legs.

Each time I drive this car it seems something very special even with PP0001 being a Laguna Seca model.

One day I might find out why this cars performance is extra special?

Cheers!

:)

5. Champale

Champale TMO Race

And I thought I was bad having owned a 2012 Boss and now a 2013 Laguna - you've had EIGHT of them!?! That's amazing.

I've owned and driven a LOT of sports cars and I can honestly say the Bosses are the most fun cars I've ever driven so I can understand you having 8 of them. The perfect marriage of old school muscle car with new school chassis. Oh, and plus they are a legitimate continuation of one of the coolest cars ever made - original Boss 302 - which makes them eminently cool in my eyes.

You could always datalog your cars and send them to someone like Shaun@AED and have him tell you what's going on with the tunes they have.

6. PP0001

PP0001 TMO Advanced

7. Champale

Champale TMO Race

That is excellent information about the 350. I really, really want an R but I just cant see getting rid of my LS for one at this point, even if the R is a quantum leap 'better' than a Boss. I refuse to pay ADM. Plus, I still love my LS and don't intend on ever getting rid of it and I don't have the money or the space right now to squeeze in another 'toy' car. How many 350s will you be receiving?

I definitely look forward to hearing your impressions of the R when you get it. I tried to sign up for the driving events but was one of the unlucky ones who got the notice AFTER they had already been filled. Thanks a lot, Ford! Oh well, it's probably best because otherwise I probably would have been reduced to a blubbering idiot after driving the 350 and would have done something rash like pay an ADM for one.

Oh, and I just realized I used the wrong word - meant to say eminently, not imminently, cool about the original B302. My English teacher is rolling in her grave as a result.

8. PP0001

PP0001 TMO Advanced

Don't give up on getting into one of these GT350 North American Track Tours as they are a great time and very well set up by Ford Performance.

I understand that next year Ford will hold more of these same events next year so suggest that you contact FP at some point and ask if you can be put on the list for next year?

Hopefully an "R" model will be available to you sometime in the near future and at MSRP or close and that the timing for you will work out?

You will definitely enjoy the R model and will really compliment your Boss 302 Laguna Seca. I am with you as I absolutely love these Laguna Seca's and unless something drastic happens I do not plan to let them go for some time.

As far as the GT350's I was fortunate to land a 2015 model #77 and the R model VIN ends in 319 and not scheduled to build until the end of November. I am patiently waiting for car #77 to show up as it is the only 2015 Track Pack model to come in Black with Blue stripes. Hopefully it is being shipped this week?

;)

9. Champale

Champale TMO Race

Wow that is great about your 2 2015 GT350s! Black with blue will look fantastic.

And that is a good idea for me to contact FR about next year's track tour. I am near COTA which would be nice, although going somewhere on the other side of the country would be fun, too.

I was able to get my Laguna under MSRP 3 years ago (at the time, it seemed like people were still paying ADMs) so maybe I can luck into an R at some point. Funnily enough, I am meeting with a contractor this week about "how big a garage can I build?" One can never have enough space, right? Hah.

10. PP0001

PP0001 TMO Advanced

Good luck with building a nice big garage and also getting one of these "R" models sometime down the road.

Also, I am sure you will continue to enjoy your LS just as I do as they are just tremendous automobiles.

If you want send me a PM with your contact info and if I come across a good deal on an R model I will pass it along to you.

Cheers!

:)

11. Champale

Champale TMO Race

Thank you! PM sent.

12. JASEN SMITH

JASEN SMITH TMO Beginner

I'VE GOT MP0029, ANY INFO ON THAT WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

13. JASEN SMITH

JASEN SMITH TMO Beginner

AND IT'S FOR SALE IF ANYBODY'S INTERESED LOL.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2018
  14. VoodooBoss

VoodooBoss Rick Moderator