The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pre Production PP0003

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am the proud owner of a Pre Production 2012 Boss 302 number PP0003. Car was built on Oct 26, 2010. Was wondering if anyone knows the Pre Production numbers, basically how many of these were built for 2012 in the PP series.

Thanks

Congratulations. Please check the registry forum where PTRocks has some info on this.

I've moved this to that forum.

Thus far to my knowledge there have been 18 pre-production vehicles released for sale by Ford. 17 of them were manufacturing prototypes "MPxxxx" cars. Only one PP car has been released. It will likely be the only one, as this particular car was built for Ford Canada.

I've asked Frank to look for some specific PP parts to see if they were left on the car.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
frankbear said:
I am the proud owner of a Pre Production 2012 Boss 302 number PP0003. Car was built on Oct 26, 2010. Was wondering if anyone knows the Pre Production numbers, basically how many of these were built for 2012 in the PP series.

Thanks

Frank - Have you seen any issues with the engine wiring harness, crankshaft position sensor or the camshaft position sensors? I ask because I know those were items that they had issues with in the early '12 production line after PP.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel