The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Preparing the Boss for winter driving

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I decided to drive the Boss everyday. Here in Michigan the winter is semi-harsh.

Planning on:
1) Snow tires and wheels, the STI 17" bbs wheels did not fit.
2) Sand bags in the trunk.
3) drive careful and be mindful of the monstrous torque we have.
4) May be remove my rear sway bar, I have 20mm. Thinking that might increase the "articulation" of the rear tires

Any info about the least expensive wheels I can use? Looking for 17" or 18" that can clear the brakes. I will do my research, but appreciate your inputs.

Any tips and things to do to protect the undercarriage and the paint of the car?

Thanks

I am basically looking for something like 18X8 so I can fit either 235 or 245 snow tires, provided that they clear the brakes.

13Boss#3328 said:
How did you do in snow?

Not bad at all!
I think I only drove it through 3-4" snow max, and it handled it pretty well... better than a camry on all-seasons.

I guess we should also put the suspension on the softest setting during the winter.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel