The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

price of 2013 L.S. after jan 1st???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hi , new to the site, had a 2011 ss camaro that got totaled june 15th, i really like the 2013 LS in black.... i put my cash in a short term CD.. i can get it after the 2013 new year......... looking ahead , what do you guys think i could buy a 13 black LS for??? below MSRP ?? thanks td

Since you were formerly a Chevy guy, you may not realize that Laguna Seca production is limited to 750 in 2012 and 750 in 2013. Most are sold before they arrive at the dealer. Those that are not, are often saddled with ADM (Added Dealer Markup). Production of the 2013 LS will likely end in January or February if the 2012 schedule is carried over. Since the 2013 is the LAST year for the Laguna Seca (unless Ford changes their mind), you would be looking at trying to snag one of the last remaining cars.

In short, I think it is not very likely that you will find a new 2013 Laguna Seca in January for anything close to MSRP.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
well the market could have some gently used LS's thats always possible. Good luck on finding one for MSRP. it might be doable as it seems everyone wants the SBY (school bus yellow) LS's

You definitely have a better chance of getting a black LS at MSRP than a SBY, but I dont know how the availablity will be in Feb 13. Maybe you can put a deposit down at a dealer who will accept your MSRP offer?

gremlinsteve said:
I agree. I think its a long shot at finding one
If u cant. Id get a boss 302 and make a laguna feca

"Laguna Feca" I like that. :D

Actually Ford has quite effectively discouraged "Laguna Fecas" by making the actual LS parts ridiculously expensive. It would cost much more to make one than to buy one, and of course if you wanted a black 2013 LS or either 2012 model,it would mean a complete paint job.

It would be interesting to see a Ford parts list with prices of everything required to make a regular Boss into an LS.

Stripes, splitter, spoiler, LS faux gas cap, suspension pieces, rear seat delete and cross brace, wheels, tires, brake ducts, trans cooler...if you were making a 2012, then the gauge pods...the 2012 seats had "Boss 302" in red....

No way would it be worth it.

It's not as expensive as you'd think and you'd just upgrade the suspension beyond the LS anyway. My Laguna Feca. ;D

LSEmblem.png

coboss said:
gremlinsteve said:
I agree. I think its a long shot at finding one
If u cant. Id get a boss 302 and make a laguna feca

"Laguna Feca" I like that. :D

Actually Ford has quite effectively discouraged "Laguna Fecas" by making the actual LS parts ridiculously expensive. It would cost much more to make one than to buy one, and of course if you wanted a black 2013 LS or either 2012 model,it would mean a complete paint job.

It would be interesting to see a Ford parts list with prices of everything required to make a regular Boss into an LS.

Stripes, splitter, spoiler, LS faux gas cap, suspension pieces, rear seat delete and cross brace, wheels, tires, brake ducts, trans cooler...if you were making a 2012, then the gauge pods...the 2012 seats had "Boss 302" in red....

No way would it be worth it.

where are you located ????
I may be able to help you with one @ 3k over MSRP in Black.
Please advise if interested

thanks everyone, i did look at a black one..... i think i will see if anyone will sell theirs after the new years 2013..... thanks td

TMO Supporting Vendors