The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Price opinion on a 2013

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New guy here, been a Ford man all my life & am looking to buy a 13 Boss. There is a SBY with the Recaro/Torsen near me that was traded to a GM dealer by a 30 something woman for a big 4x4. I looked at it Wed. & test drove it & it drove well but has 19,500 miles & a few (maybe 5 or 6) rock chips & some scratches in the plastic trim inside the trunk, definatly a used car lol.

They have it priced at 40 & would not budge when I made an offer so it is still there, my question is that price a little high ? Car is all stock & had the packet with it but did not have the car cover.

I did tell the salesman if it was GB we wouldn't be haggling lol but that SBY color did grow on me the little I was around it & the wife did like the color

Hi and welcome to BMO. I think that's high for the mileage. The mileage itself wouldn't scare me thought. Unless you saw it yourself I would not believe the sales guy telling you a woman owned the car. That's code for a 16 year old owned it and did a lot of street racing with it. JK :p

Thanks for the welcome & I don't mind saying I have been pretty envious of some of the fellas on here & what they are doing with their BOSS cars hahaha

As far as the previous owner I was sure they were blowing smoke but when we did pull in to test drive I noticed a new 4x4 parked right next to the BOSS & we ended up stopped next to it at a stoplight on the road where my wife commented on the gal sure looking over the car. When we got back the salesman said that was the truck the gal traded for & was just there lol

Anyway we will keep looking, I wanted to do a track day at NJMP last year with my 02 GT vert but wasn't allowed on the track w/o 4-point roll bar & I'm not cutting up that car so I've got a good excuse for getting a retirement present LOL. Not to mention having something to bust my son's STI & my younger brothers 13 GT ass...I can't stand being "pokey Pop" for to long

I was thinking of going ahead & get the 15 GT but my son has been reminding me of how much I've always talked about one day having a BOSS. I've lurked here quite a bit & really appreciate all the info y'all have floating around here.

Still looking hahaha like I told my son I'll have my day sooner or later, Wednesday just wasn't that day

As a comparison Auto Nation here in the Dallas area has a 13 SBY with 15K miles and is asking $38,983.
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/ctd/4962140546.html
I bought my 12 YB with 777 miles in December from Phil Long Ford in Denver and paid just under 38K. Stephen Wilderman with Phil Long Ford has a KB 12 model with under 10K miles in stock currently.
Good luck in your hunt.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
CJ45LC:

Look here for a real nice 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca,

http://www.boss302forum.com/topic/17732-2013-ls-black-737-located-in-texas/#entry310148

Then follow the link, it's reported at 3,100 miles and located in Texas.

Good Luck,
302 Hi Pro

Thanks for the help fellas & the LS sure would be the way I'd like to go but...I had inherited a Grand Daughter to raise & will need the back seat for a few more years.

I'll be keeping my eyes peeled & hopefully one will turn up. At least in the meantime I can keep following along with what y'all lucky dawgs are getting done with your cars.

Thanks again
C J

GB218

TMO Addict
Hi CJ45LC and welcome aboard.

I'm guessing you're on the east cost since you mentioned NJMP.

Years ago, we would bring cash, and the dealers would jump. Not anymore.

The only advice I can offer is to look for cars out of the "tri" state area (NJ, NY, & CT). My experience with several dozen dealerships is that the salespeople are lazy and just want to sell what's on their lots at top dollar.

I was looking for a 13 Grabber Blue new and or used. I was told that they were unavailable. They wouldn't even do a dealer lot search for me. I was told that the cars were unavailable.

I got on the internet and did some searching. 2 months later I took possession of Grabber Blue Boss from a dealership in N.C. Yes, there was a lot of luck on my end (original owner had the car for a few months and got transferred to a different state: Had to sell the car ASAP). But the money I saved was huge, and I got what I wanted.

Keep the faith...

GB218 said:
Hi CJ45LC and welcome aboard.

I'm guessing you're on the east cost since you mentioned NJMP.

Years ago, we would bring cash, and the dealers would jump. Not anymore.

The only advice I can offer is to look for cars out of the "tri" state area (NJ, NY, & CT). My experience with several dozen dealerships is that the salespeople are lazy and just want to sell what's on their lots at top dollar.

I was looking for a 13 Grabber Blue new and or used. I was told that they were unavailable. They wouldn't even do a dealer lot search for me. I was told that the cars were unavailable.

I got on the internet and did some searching. 2 months later I took possession of Grabber Blue Boss from a dealership in N.C. Yes, there was a lot of luck on my end (original owner had the car for a few months and got transferred to a different state: Had to sell the car ASAP). But the money I saved was huge, and I got what I wanted.

Keep the faith...

Yes Sir in fact I'm in Delaware & Thanks for the welcome.

The car buying deal has changed quite a little bit for sure, when I made the cash offer on the SBY car of course I had to wait for the boy to go check with his boss & then come back & give me the B S lines that his boss told him to say. I used to just ask who was the boss & try to deal with him but they don't even want to tell you who the man is now days LOL.

BTW I was contacted by one of the members here that has what I'm looking for for just a little more than I was looking to spend but I'll work on Momma a little & see if I can work things out hahaha...Wish me Luck boys

Just because a woman owned does not mean it was treated right. It was probably a mother who bought it for her teenage punk kid. I have been burned twice by that line of reasoning.

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
The local Ford dealer has a '13 I saw last week as I was driving by. I was going to comment about it's availability for anyone interested but looking at this thread and seeing what the local STEALer is asking, our local guy is dreaming-

http://www.sunnyvaleford.com/used-cars-san-jose/2013-ford-mustang-boss-302-2dr-car-21612

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
Wingrider said:
The local Ford dealer has a '13 I saw last week as I was driving by. I was going to comment about it's availability for anyone interested but looking at this thread and seeing what the local STEALer is asking, our local guy is dreaming-

http://www.sunnyvaleford.com/used-cars-san-jose/2013-ford-mustang-boss-302-2dr-car-21612

Holy cow! I'll take 45k for mine and save you 5k! ;D

I just bought my 13 GHIG qith 16k miles for 38,500. If the car you're looking at it very ncie its worth the money. I looked at a few before I bought, and its seems no matter what shape you're going to spend upwards of 37K to get a Boss it just is what it is. Mine did not have the owners kit but was in better shape than a few others I looked at.

Well thanks to this site I've been in contact with a fella that has the exact car that I had in mind when I started looking. Priced very fairly IMHO although just a little more than I intended to spend. Hopefully I get the wife to agree & can get something done in early May, my work schedule has me jammed up until then LOL.

Wish me luck fellas & hopefully I will be joining the BOSS owners club shortly

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
CJ45LC said:
Well thanks to this site I've been in contact with a fella that has the exact car that I had in mind when I started looking. Priced very fairly IMHO although just a little more than I intended to spend. Hopefully I get the wife to agree & can get something done in early May, my work schedule has me jammed up until then LOL.

Wish me luck fellas & hopefully I will be joining the BOSS owners club shortly

Good Luck!!!!! Of course, if your wife is like mine, you will need to factor in that "Little Item" she will need in the near future.

http://www.jclewisford.com/vehicle-details/2013-ford-mustang-boss-302-savannah-ga-id-9116100

I think $40k is way too high. I know lots of dealers sitting on cars for months. They will sell at the right price. I know the car in the link and it's very nice. Has been dealer serviced and the owner loved it, never tracked. Not much in the way of mods, just lowering springs I think is it. This is where we found our car and they will DEAL, big time.

Vermont
Hi CJ45LC,

I listed my 2013 Boss 302 on our local Craigslist a short time ago and was just about to list here. I am the original owner of this car and have kept it in as new condition throughout its short life. If interested, I would be happy to discuss with you. Attached is the link to the ad.

Regards, Steve

http://burlington.craigslist.org/cto/4936673819.html

I bought my 2013 SBY sight unseen from a member here in Aug last year. It had 16,350 miles and was well taken care of. It came with a couple of nice mods (Steeda Lowering Springs installed, Tinted Windows, Upgraded speakers, JLT oil separator, and a Steeda Panhard bar and brace. I paid $39,000 for the car and then another $1000 to ship it.

$40K at dealer might be high. I would try to find one from the owner that way you can find out if he took care of it, service records, etc. I called the dealer in OK where the Previous Owner had the car serviced and he told me "The owner is very particular and keeps the car in perfect shape". That was enough for me and I bought it.

Keep looking for a SBY (they have 5 more hp than the other colors) :eek:

Think about looking north to Canada for a deal. With the US dollar so much stronger than the Canadian dollar a car in Canada listed at $40,000.00 is only $30,000 in US dollars.

Here is a brand new 2012 with 120 miles on it for $46,900.00. That is only $35,000 US.
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/city-of-toronto/brand-new-2012-ford-mustang-boss-302/1039150474?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

This one is a brand new 2013 GHIG. Pretty sure $50,000.00 or even less will get it. That is $37,500.00 for a brand new 2013.

The deals are in Canada if you have US DOLLARS!!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel