The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Private Track Day Part Deux: October 1, 2018 - Thunder Hill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hmm, where would ARIZONABoss be based. ;) He’s in the Phoenix area.

Matt Smith

5ohPony
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Sonoma, CA
Amazingly you have the only foxbody. Can’t wait to see it putting in work

We might just surprise some of those beautiful high-dollar ponies!;) Then again, we might just be the slowest pony there! o_O Can't wait to put in work with her, and see which one it is! :D
i7juJJgycQ9VxgmS8

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
Very happy to provide you all with today’s update. It looks like we are going to have a BLAST. Between the vehicles and group of enthusiasts we have attending, it will be an excellent time to gain and share some knowledge. Some items are still up for change, but this is a solid framework for the event. Please subscribe and follow the Private Thunder Hill track day threads on Mustang 6G and Track Mustangs Online. The event will occur rain or shine.

· https://trackmustangsonline.com/thr...-part-deux-october-1-2018-thunder-hill.13651/
· https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...part-deux-october-1-2018-thunder-hill.102969/

The track itself opens at 0700 and we can be on track until 1700. Everyone has until 1900 hours to be out of the raceway park. I suggest everyone arrive at 0645 so you can get lined up and get yourself prepared. Once the day gets going, we will have a good flowing pace. If you have a trailer or other items you would like to setup at Thunder Hill you may do so from 1730 -1930 hours the night before the event. There is a kitchen on site for you to get food etc, but if you have never been to the track before I suggest you bring a cooler with water and snacks. Staying fed and hydrated are key throughout the day. Everyone planning to track their car that day needs to check in and attend the drivers meeting. If you do not attend the drivers meeting, you will not be on track.

Run Groups:
We have a solid group of drivers and vehicles in attendance. Run Groups have been established based on the number of on-track days you participated in. The track day has been split into 4 groups due to the need to put the more skilled drivers/vehicles in their own group. We will have a 15-minute warm-up session and the opportunities for lead/follow for each group. Many drivers are not used to Thunder Hill as their home track, so the group you are in will be learning the track together. However, those in your group have similar skill and knowledge of driver etiquette. There will be 20-minute sessions with groups at 20 cars or less to provide a safe and open track. Everyone will get 5 sessions total, so be prepared to refill those gas tanks. This should give people plenty of time to hydrate, watch some of the advanced drivers, request instruction, debrief session concerns, and conduct vehicle maintenance. If there is any issue with where you are placed, please let me know. As the day progresses there will be opportunities to move and mix the run groups as driver confidence and safety increases. Run group rules will be discussed at the drivers meeting, and may change as driver confidence increases.

MIXED (0-3 Track Days)
Chad A – Bondurant SN95
Cindy Y - S197 GT
Carlos I – GT500
Glenn C – GT350
Stephen P – GT350R
Nick T – ZL1
Mark B – GT350
Tai Ly – GT350R
Christopher B - GT350
Pete R – S197 GT
David K – Audi RS3
Jay B – S550 GT
Farhad F – ZL1 1LE
Michael B – GT500
Andrew M – BMW 328i
Carol M – Focus RS
Jovanni H - Terminator
Cisco F - GT350R
Chris M – GT350R

INTERMEDIATE (4-8 Track Days)
Justin R – Focus ST
Tyler C – Focus RS
Sean D – Focus RS
Patrick S – GT350
Neeraj S – GT350
Byron J - GT350
Brad P – Focus RS
Carl S – S197 GT
Cole H – S550 GT
Patrick W – Focus RS
Jarred C – Focus ST
Kim J – S550 PP2
Mark H – GT350
Steve M - GT350R
Glenn B – S550 GT
Jim J – GT350
Vimal P – Focus RS

ADVANCED (9-20 Track Days)
Casey F – GT350R
Jessie J - GT350
Matthew V – GT350
Jeff M – M3
Troy J – S197 GT
Alessandro S – S550 GT
Frank P – SN95 GT
David S – Boss 302
Ty S – GT350
Victor S – Mustang GT
Calvin C -SVT Contour
Ryan N – Porsche 911
Marc M – Camaro SS
Bryan F – Focus RS
Rom M – Focus RS
Mark R – Focus ST
Robert C – BMW 328i
Jim L – GT4 Mustang
Kimberly L -Boss 302R

FAST AS FU** (20+ Track Days)
FPRS – GT350R/FP350S
Adam H – GT350R
Jason S – GT350
Vincent L – S197 GT
Steve L – GR40 New Edge
Chris A - FP350S
Scott L -GT350
Rodrick M – GT350R
Doug W – GT500
Neil S – S197 GT
Kevin P – GT500
Brian B – FR500S
Lance A – Miller S197 GT
Matt S - Foxbody
Matt W – GT350
Chris L – GT350
Mitch F -GT350R
James D – Griggs GT500

Track Day Schedule:
Gates open at 0700, so get parked and get checked in. There will be time for setup. Please review, print, and sign any attached forms prior to arrival so we can get registration done quickly.

0700 – 0740 – Driver Registration
0740 – 0800 – Drivers Meeting
0800 – 0845 – Self Tech/setup
0800 – 0845 – Beginner Instruction
0900 – 0915 – FAF Group Warm up
0915 – 0930 – Advanced Group Warm up
0930 – 0945 – Intermediate group warm up
0945 – 1000 – Mixed group Lead / Follow
1000 – 1020 – FAF
1020 – 1040 – Advanced
1040 – 1100 – Intermediate
1100 – 1120 – Mixed
1120 – 1140 – FAF
1140 – 1200 - Advanced
1200 – 1300 – Lunch
1300 – 1320 – Intermediate
1320 – 1340 - Mixed
1340 – 1400 - FAF
1400 - 1420 - Advanced
1420 - 1440 - Intermediate
1440 - 1500 - Mixed
1500 - 1520 - FAF
1520 - 1540 - Advanced
1540 - 1600 - Intermediate
1600 - 1620 - Mixed
1620 – 1640 – Ride along laps with FAF/Advanced
1640 – 1700 – SW/FPRS Final/Photography laps
1710 – 1730 – Final Meeting
1730 – 1800 - Exit

Instruction
We are fortunate to have Dan McKeever, head man at the Ford Performance Racing School, provide morning classroom instruction that is open for all drivers. Everyone in the MIXED group is required to attend the classroom session before they are allowed on track. This applies even if you have attended a previous FPRS owners program or school. If you have attended the school before be sure to let Dan know as he may throw in some new topics. We also have several advanced level drivers that are instructors. I will be coordinating with them to provide their services during the event, and will identify them during the drivers meeting. If you know ahead of time that you will want some instruction please let me know ASAP.

Tech Inspection:
I will be providing a self-tech inspection sheet with this email. It needs to be completed and turned in prior to going out on track. Making sure your vehicle is prepped for the track and free of any leaks is a major safety concern. We will have several advanced drivers available to answer any questions you may have, or if you want them to double check your car for you. If you break down on track it means the entire track day must stop until we can get you safely removed. Do not be that guy or gal.

Photographer
My buddy Robert Gluckman will be out taking photos. Some of you may be familiar with him from the GT350 Facebook Owners page or Instagram. He is a professional photographer that works for ABC 7 in Southern California, and a GT350 owner. He flies in their helicopter and does aerial photography. Rob is bringing his $12,000 dollar lens to do some damage. He will be providing event photography for all of us, which will include overall photographs of the event and 2-3 professionally edited photos of your car on track. If you have a specific need for images please contact him ahead of time about pricing as he will be busy day of.
· [email protected]
· Instagram: @robgluckman_photography
· Facebook: Robert Gluckman

Safety Equipment:
· Helmet – Required (SA2010+ certification) (on site rental available)
· Gloves – HIGHLY Recommended (fire proof suggested, but not required)
· Pants – Required (Jeans or better)
· Car Numbers – Required for both sides of vehicle (Tape, magnets, liquid chalk, etc)
· Front Tow Hook – Optional, but HIGHLY recommended
· Rear Tow Hook – Optional
· Fire extinguisher – Optional, but recommended

Given the nature of this event I am not making it a requirement for vehicles to have tow hooks and fire extinguishers. We will have towing, medical, and fire suppression staff on site at the track. However, I must stress that tow hooks are HIGHLY recommended. If you find yourself stuck or broken on track the entire day has to stop. The tow truck will not be taking its time to find a perfect location to hook up to your vehicle, as they need to get you off the course ASAP. Not having a place for them to connect to your vehicle may result in more damage if they strap somewhere else. If you need a tow hook I can order you one at a discount through ZL1 Addons. Racing gloves are recommended as sweaty hands and fatigue can cause an issue if you lose grip of the wheel.

Saturday/Sunday Funday
Many of us will be at the race track the Sunday night prior to the track day. I am reserving a block of rooms at the Holiday Inn Express in Williams at a discounted rate of $109 a night for the group under the name Signature Wheel. If you have already booked then please call them to adjust your reservation. Neighboring hotels are nearby so we can have a mini car show and meet/greet the night before. There is gravel and dirt parking adjacent to the hotel for parking. At this time they are reserving 40 rooms for check in on Sunday 9/30, and checkout Tuesday 10/2.

Obligatory Disclaimer:
I have taken it upon myself coordinate the event and provide you all with a great day to network with other enthusiasts and put your vehicles on track. Having Signature Wheel and the Ford performance Racing School as event sponsors is icing on the cake. Myself, Signature Wheel, and the Ford Performance Racing School are not responsible/liable for any damages that occur to you or your vehicle during this event. The attached release of liability waiver needs to be read, signed, and turned in at the time of driver registration, and prior to any on track activity. The insurance policy we are required to purchase for the event is to cover any damage to the track itself. If you do not have vehicle or personal medical coverage it is REQUIRED you get some before the event. If you do not have vehicle insurance that covers damage to your vehicle on track it is your responsibility to locate additional coverage should you choose to purchase it. The most important component of the event is safety and making sure everyone and their vehicle goes home in the same condition it came (or better if it has Signature Wheels on it . Drivers found to be unsafe will be spoken to by track staff or members of the Ford Performance Racing School. Continued unsafe behavior will have you asked to park your car for the remainder of the day without the ability for appeal.

Inviting friends to come along and watch is encouraged. Let your buddies know to come out and enjoy a fun day at the track. Contact me if you have any specific questions or concerns.

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
Unfortunately I'm unable to make the trip for this event but I look forward to one for next year!

Not to hijack, but any chance a bunch of California owners would come together for a private event up here at The Ridge sometime?
Maybe we can coordinate something next year. Might not be a bad idea.
So is it too late to register? :(:(:(:(:(:(
PM sent!

To Anyone Interested,

I'm not able to attend this event so my spot is available to anyone interested. Thunderhill Track Day on Oct. 1st.
I'm not on forums so send me an email to [email protected] to work out the details. Money will go directly to the organizer.

Thank you,
Pete

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel