The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Private Track Day Part Deux: October 1, 2018 - Thunder Hill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I had an an awesome day! Big thanks to T. I even had fun as I mowed the grass after oversteering on 13. Maybe I should change my handle to mowjimjoyce.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Darn I missed it!

I even had fun as I mowed the grass after oversteering on 13.
Was that you close to the end of the day that flew onto the dirt and up the hill almost the entire straight after 13? I heard some tire squeal and by the time I turned around all I could see was a white mustang plowing the field. Good job keeping that thing straight!

Was that you close to the end of the day that flew onto the dirt and up the hill almost the entire straight after 13? I heard some tire squeal and by the time I turned around all I could see was a white mustang plowing the field. Good job keeping that thing straight!

I can neither confirm nor deny that was me. I was too busy mowing grass for the fine folks at T-hill. (Cue Mike Myers with pinky to lips)

Oh man what an awesome day! Thanks again T for setting up such a fun event. We lucked out on the weather too. I can't wait to see everyone's videos/pictures. I didn't take too many pics but I'll have a video or 2 to post up once they're all processed.

It was nice to see some of the familiar faces and also meeting a few new ones!
Definitely a fantastic day! This was my indoctrination to Thunderhill and I loved it. You NorCal guys are really spoiled.

@RaiderJatt02, I saw your car pass me by as you were heading toward the pumps. Car looked great....I love the Race Red with Black roof. Anyway, I intended to introduce myself but was busy as hell in and out of cars all day. Will have to wait for next time I guess.

At lunch yesterday I was sitting with three other NorCal track rats and I asked which track they liked better, LS or Sonoma? It's was 4-0 for Sonoma. ;)

Both classic tracks on the West Coast, I’d have to say Sonoma, too. The g forces on Turn 1 and the challenge of the exit out of the Carousel exit, among other things, is challenging. Although, the Corkscrew at Laguna is pretty cool. Coming from a novice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@RaiderJatt02, I saw your car pass me by as you were heading toward the pumps. Car looked great....I love the Race Red with Black roof. Anyway, I intended to introduce myself but was busy as hell in and out of cars all day. Will have to wait for next time I guess.

No worries brother! There were so many people I never got to meet either. It's funny how busy you can be even with nearly an hour between runs.

At lunch yesterday I was sitting with three other NorCal track rats and I asked which track they liked better, LS or Sonoma? It's was 4-0 for Sonoma. ;)

I would agree that I like Sonoma better but only because of sound restriction. Sonoma is nerve racking with all of the walls. It flows so nicely but those walls scare the crap out of me so I never feel like I'm pushing as hard as I could. LS doesn't feel as claustrophobic but they're both amazing tracks. We really are spoiled up here with the 3 tracks we have.

So, here is my viewpoint from the cockpit. I hope the link works, as I never got the hang of youtube. Just kinda' happened. It's at the end of the footage.

I think you might need to change the video privacy settings to Public on Facebook. Otherwise only your FB friends can see it.

After our lunch conversation
I think I need to try sonoma next Boss. !
Although i grew in italy watching battles of Alex Zanardi or Valentino Rossi at the corkscrew... So LS is the superior God of track for me.
If you didn't try , i encourage all to go try the ROVAL. (Fontana autoclub speedway)
It was an awesome experience.
150mph on the straight, 125 on the oval turn. Fast left right turn hard braking.. I loved that track!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

@gojimjoyce Nice save. Always better to ride it out than overcorrect and hit the wall! Your trouble started back in T10 where you were very early on your apex. That multiplied through 11, 12 and then 13 where you were in the wrong position with too much steering input and too much gas. No harm no foul!

Thanks for the constructive feedback!

Frank.JD.Perez

FJD Performance
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Pleasanton/Hayward, CA
Fantastic day of driving and a phenomenal day put on by Terrence FPRS and Thunderhill. Cant wait to hit the track with ya'll again!

HalM3

EDGE Motorworks tests everything we install!
NorCal
Next time I'll have the five point slow. Update: the dealer returned her with 5W-30 oil which may work better at higher temps. Will be at Thunderhill West with SpeedSF this weekend and if the cam and misfire codes return I'll bring her back home with codes intact for the dealer to review.

Here are a couple of sessions from the F.A.F group. A huge thanks to all the folks running in that group for being heads-up when my closing speeds were high. I had a fantastic time even considering the broken power steering rack hard-line that we had to replace mid-day and doing some damage to the splitter at the very end of day.

The morning session, it literally started to rain just as my car got to the hot pits. Being on Hoosier A7's in the wet was a first for me and I got lucky it didn't rain very hard. Plus I left my windshield wipers at home because they said it wasn't supposed to rain!

Morning Session:

Afternoon Session:

TMO Supporting Vendors