The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Problem with Steeda rad support

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wanted to shave 10 lb off of my front end. Installed Steeda lightweight rad support on my 2012 BOSS. Cannot fit radiator on Steeda support with rubber isolators installed. It barely fits without them. Do you think it would be fine just leaving the rubber isolators off. Do not really want to elongate Steeda rad support hole.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Tough to say for sure without a picture but I would likely not recommend that--the rubber isolators are there to prevent the radiator from vibrating to death.

dawgstang said:
Wanted to shave 10 lb off of my front end. Installed Steeda lightweight rad support on my 2012 BOSS. Cannot fit radiator on Steeda support with rubber isolators installed. It barely fits without them. Do you think it would be fine just leaving the rubber isolators off. Do not really want to elongate Steeda rad support hole.

When I installed mine I made up some spacers from either 1/8 or 1/4" steel strip (can't remember which) to put between the Steda support and the body mounts. This also improved clearance between the sway bar and the stock oil cooler coolant ports.

I took some measurements and sent them to Steeda. It turns out the Steeda rad support needs to be widened by about 5/8" to fit my radiator. Waiting on engineering for a reply. Probably got one that was welded on the wrong jig.

TMO Supporting Vendors