The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Problem with the MT82 Transmission Vent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
So Cal
Hi all - first time poster. I recently had a new clutch put in, and all is great except I looked under the car and noticed this under the car close to the driver's side of the bellhousing
IMG_6970.jpg

So I jack up the car and see this oily thing flopping around loose and find the source of the fluid on the floor:
IMG_6974.jpg
My theory is it was knocked loose when the trans was reinstalled (not my work - this was done at a shop)

Here's a pic that shows it on an MT82. If you look at this picture of an MT82, you see a black tube along the top passenger side and the little burpy valve is attached to the top of the bell housing, also on the passenger side . https://www.steeda.com/ford-jr3z-7003-c-s550-mt82-d4-transmission. This looks like that.

I think this is the part #: JR3Z-7L282-A (Please let me know if I'm wrong)

So I obviously need to get this fixed (back to the shop, trans out AGAIN I'm sure - that's another story)

Is there something aftermarket that is a bit more substantial so I don't have to worry about this at a track day? This little part seems a bit flimsy.

Thanks all.

Monaca Pa
Hi all - first time poster. I recently had a new clutch put in, and all is great except I looked under the car and noticed this under the car close to the driver's side of the bellhousing
View attachment 78506

So I jack up the car and see this oily thing flopping around loose and find the source of the fluid on the floor:
View attachment 78507
My theory is it was knocked loose when the trans was reinstalled (not my work - this was done at a shop)

Here's a pic that shows it on an MT82. If you look at this picture of an MT82, you see a black tube along the top passenger side and the little burpy valve is attached to the top of the bell housing, also on the passenger side . https://www.steeda.com/ford-jr3z-7003-c-s550-mt82-d4-transmission. This looks like that.

I think this is the part #: JR3Z-7L282-A (Please let me know if I'm wrong)

So I obviously need to get this fixed (back to the shop, trans out AGAIN I'm sure - that's another story)

Is there something aftermarket that is a bit more substantial so I don't have to worry about this at a track day? This little part seems a bit flimsy.

Thanks all.
Ford either replaced or reinstalled mine as I had a leak. It’s been at least 4 years and no leaks since.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel