The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Problems starting my 2018 Shelby GT350

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Georgia
After running a few hard sessions my 2018 Shelby GT350 won't start. The battery is fine, the starter is fine and the alternator is fine but just won't start. Have to push start it to get back on track. Sometimes it will start and other times it won't. I've been to 3 different dealerships and they can't figure it out. Any ideas? Thanks!

I just had the same problem at both the track but also after sitting in my garage for a few months. The dealer said when they rebuilt the tranny and reinstalled the starter it looks like the silicone cover that goes over the positive threaded terminal solenoid was under installed UNDER the positive cable spade terminal connector. So basically the car started because of the spade terminal connector was touching the treaded terminal. Look at the silicon dust boot and see if you have a similar issue.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Georgia
I just had the same problem at both the track but also after sitting in my garage for a few months. The dealer said when they rebuilt the tranny and reinstalled the starter it looks like the silicone cover that goes over the positive threaded terminal solenoid was under installed UNDER the positive cable spade terminal connector. So basically the car started because of the spade terminal connector was touching the treaded terminal. Look at the silicon dust boot and see if you have a similar issue.
Thanks Jim will do! Thanks for replying!

Bonjour, jai également des probleme avec les starter de la Shelby gt350, jai remplacer un sur ma 2016 et la sur ma 2020 jai remplacer un également en aout et appret 3 track day jai encore du probleme. je les partis sur la compression toute la journée et le lendemain il c'est remis à fonctionner.

un t'il d'autre qui vecus des problemes? et si oui avez vous faite une modification pour amilioré la situation?
Thanks Jim will do! Thanks for replying!

Bonjour, jai également des probleme avec les starter de la Shelby gt350, jai remplacer un sur ma 2016 et la sur ma 2020 jai remplacer un également en aout et appret 3 track day jai encore du probleme. je les partis sur la compression toute la journée et le lendemain il c'est remis à fonctionner.

un t'il d'autre qui vecus des problemes? et si oui avez vous faite une modification pour amilioré la situation?
Hello, I also have problems with the starters of the Shelby gt350, I replaced one on my 2016 and on my 2020 I also replaced one in August and about 3 track days I still have a problem. I left them on the compression all day and the next day it started working again.

Anyone else having problems? And if so, did you make any changes to improve the situation?

TMO Supporting Vendors