The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Procharger Stage II Upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I an seriously considering installing a Procharger Stage II P-1SC-1 over the winter. Anyone have this set up installed? If so, what are your impressions? Any feedback, questions or concerns in regards to this install would be greatly appreciated.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
If it were me and I am considering this I would go with the new blower they have out that you can change the boost on the fly from a touchscreen in the car
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPrL6ebUrDU[/youtube]
http://www.cjponyparts.com/procharger-supercharger-kit-i-1-stage-ii-programmable-intercooled-with-touchscreen-gt-2011-2014/p/1FR215SCIP-V/

The other supercharger kit I am looking into buying is the paxton 2200SL from beefcake its a very big unit that isnt quickly out grown and the price from beefcake is nearly impossible to beat. it also comes with the much sought after ID1000's fuel injectors.

http://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/bfckepaxton.html

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
Justin:

Couldn't agree with you more. Been eyeing both.....but really hard to beat the kit put together by BeefCake.....especially when you consider the price....with all the goodies as you had described.

Wayne

Justin

Senderofan said:
Justin:

Couldn't agree with you more. Been eyeing both.....but really hard to beat the kit put together by BeefCake.....especially when you consider the price....with all the goodies as you had described.

Wayne
the price of the procharger really is the reason I probably wont for for it. the price difference I could upgrade the rods in the boss and drop in oil pump gears. and still have money left over lol

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
Justin said:
the price of the procharger really is the reason I probably wont for for it. the price difference I could upgrade the rods in the boss and drop in oil pump gears. and still have money left over lol

The adjustable ProCharger really is a great concept. I'm sure part of the price reflects R&D cost.....hopefully the cost will come down with time. But for my budget....the BeefCake special sure is appealing. I'm looking at least 12 months from now....so who knows where the prices will be.

Wayne

Justin

Senderofan said:
The adjustable ProCharger really is a great concept. I'm sure part of the price reflects R&D cost.....hopefully the cost will come down with time. But for my budget....the BeefCake special sure is appealing. I'm looking at least 12 months from now....so who knows where the prices will be.

Wayne
yeah my supercharger buy is at least a year away as well. I would like to upgrade the transmission first.

I have the procharger D-1 on my Boss. I love it. I was originally going to do the P-1 but decided to step up to the D-1. Glad I did. My Boss is awesome. I also had the ID 1000 injectors installed as well as a return style fuel system. You won't be disappointed.
J.Shoot

Thanks for all of the inputs and options. At this point I am leaning towards the P-1 with a set of Kooks Long Tubes, with and an X or H Pipe with cat deletes...but like a woman, no offense to the ladies out there...I reserve the right to change my mind at any time.

I would go with hi-flow cats, I have heard that if you delete the cats you can get an exhaust smell in the car. Just what I've been told...... might want to check into it.
J.Shoot

Justin

JShoot said:
I would go with hi-flow cats, I have heard that if you delete the cats you can get an exhaust smell in the car. Just what I've been told...... might want to check into it.
J.Shoot
i don't have cats and only get the smell in the car if the windows are down and I'm sitting still. Same as if you have cats it just isn't filtered. Is that what you mean like the exhaust smell is bad without cats?

Bumping this back up. So after much debate and consideration of the pros and cons of supercharging and naturally aspirated HP modifications over the winter I have decided to go with a supercharger. I have decided to go with a centrifugal style supercharger and my question is which one?

The Beefcake Special Vortech V3 - 800 Horsepower Complete 2011-2014 5.0 Kit

or

ProCharger Stage II System

The Stage II System and Tuner Kit can be installed onto a completely stock engine requiring absolutely no cutting or trimming of factory components and like the majority of ProCharger Systems, fit under the stock hood.

The Stage II Intercooled System comes 100% complete, including the industry leading ProCharger P-1SC-1 self-contained supercharger, air-to-air intercooler, intercooler tubing, brackets, 52lb/hr fuel injectors, ProFlow bypass valve, and computer programmer. Thanks to the industry’s coolest charge air temperatures, the unmatched power gains are delivered with maximum reliability and everyday driveability.

BadPony said:
Bumping this back up. So after much debate and consideration of the pros and cons of supercharging and naturally aspirated HP modifications over the winter I have decided to go with a supercharger. I have decided to go with a centrifugal style supercharger and my question is which one?

The Beefcake Special Vortech V3 - 800 Horsepower Complete 2011-2014 5.0 Kit

or

ProCharger Stage II System

The Stage II System and Tuner Kit can be installed onto a completely stock engine requiring absolutely no cutting or trimming of factory components and like the majority of ProCharger Systems, fit under the stock hood.

The Stage II Intercooled System comes 100% complete, including the industry leading ProCharger P-1SC-1 self-contained supercharger, air-to-air intercooler, intercooler tubing, brackets, 52lb/hr fuel injectors, ProFlow bypass valve, and computer programmer. Thanks to the industry’s coolest charge air temperatures, the unmatched power gains are delivered with maximum reliability and everyday driveability.

I am installing a beefcake vortech as we speak. Should be done this week - check out my thread in the tech forum. I think it's the best bang for the buck plus i was told the vortech produces a bit more torque than the paxton. I was thinking of going the procharger p-isc-1 with adjustable boost and the touch screen but that would have cost at least another $2000 wich wasn't worth it to me. I'd be more than happy to talk to you after I drive it and give you my thoughts. I don't think I will be unhappy though. :)

I'm sure you will be quite happy! I look forward to talking with you after your drive to get your seat of the pants feedback. I think we all our looking for the 'Best Bang for the Buck" I am looking for more torque across the entire powerband versus high R.P.M. peak horsepower. Along with the supercharger I will be installing a one piece driveshaft as well.

TMO Supporting Vendors