The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Project Super Beater

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So the fuel pump/ sending units got here from Alpha Centauri, Delphi is the best I could do, so I installed them. When you are trying to hold the new pumps in and start the retaining ring, it is a PITA.
So what I did was to polish/ bend the Tab down so it will ingage easier

1697824667650.png

Ok, sooo.. ran the superbeater at the FIRM, had a great time. More importantly the fuel slosh was gone, stuffing the fuel foam into the crossover in the tank seems to have solved it. I let it get under a 1/4 of a tank to make sure, no bizarre fuel level readings, no starvation.

1631682796.jpg

1859318976.jpg639151863.jpg

There was this sweeping corner ( actually 2 corners, treated as one) if it was going to have an issue, it should've been here.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Interesting and were you there with on an SCCA Track night, NASA event, or open track day? I knew some guys years back who were considering investing in that track but I lost touch with them and not sure if they still have interest in the motorsport venue.

Interesting and were you there with on an SCCA Track night, NASA event, or open track day? I knew some guys years back who were considering investing in that track but I lost touch with them and not sure if they still have interest in the motorsport venue.
There is 1 sketchy corner with virtually no runoff. This was an open track day, they have them on Fridays with about 30 cars instead of 100 on Saturday.
I took your advice and ran the intermediate class, and when necessary waved people past. I knew the Miata team that was there, and one thing I have learned is that you can't race miatas on a short track unless you like to do bodywork.
In short, I was just out there enjoying myself, testing systems, and staying out of people's way.

Last edited:
Pretty cool history..

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
West
Someone on here built some special steel shims for use with the Ford limited slip unit, and asked me to try them. Finally, 3 years later, I did, they work great, it definately compresses the fiber
( carbon fiber, in this case) So there is more drag on the diff when you spin it by hand. ( @TeeLew was that you?).

20240402_114430.jpg

Also, for those scoring at home, I practice what I preach, non adjustable lower trailing arms from the parts pile, an adjustable Panhard bar from the same pile, with Ford Performance shocks and springs, no anti squat thingies and a stock upper arm.
20240402_114448.jpg

20240402_114458.jpg

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
So Cal
Someone on here built some special steel shims for use with the Ford limited slip unit, and asked me to try them. Finally, 3 years later, I did, they work great, it definately compresses the fiber
( carbon fiber, in this case) So there is more drag on the diff when you spin it by hand. ( @TeeLew was that you?).

View attachment 94335

Hot Damn, @blacksheep-1 , I was wondering what had happened to those! I gave you the 4x4 stack, but I'm putting a 5x5 in mine. It's going in shortly. I've got a deal this week/weekend, but maybe next week I'll get it done. My diff definitely has more preload just assembled with the new plate stack. It will be interesting to see what it does in anger. Some smart people helped me do those, so I'm hoping for the best.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
So Cal
Now go give them hell until they turn blue and explode so I know what to do next!

General information to put out there. Live and IRS 8.8's using a Traction Lok Diff use the same drive/driven plates in the diff.

Last edited:
Hot Damn, @blacksheep-1 , I was wondering what had happened to those! I gave you the 4x4 stack, but I'm putting a 5x5 in mine. It's going in shortly. I've got a deal this week/weekend, but maybe next week I'll get it done. My diff definitely has more preload just assembled with the new plate stack. It will be interesting to see what it does in anger. Some smart people helped me do those, so I'm hoping for the best.
Lucky I remembered that far back..lol

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel