The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Project Super Beater

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Nice build thread Rob! Now, if you'll take a minute and create a profile for it, we'd all love to see it in your signature :)

I'll tie this build thread to the profile once it's created.

Nice build thread Rob! Now, if you'll take a minute and create a profile for it, we'd all love to see it in your signature :)

I'll tie this build thread to the profile once it's created.
How about once it's done, I may actually complete this project.. for a change

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
At this point Ford hubs and ARP studs are not available, here's the solution...

View attachment 71731

I may have to copy you on this. Backordered.... and all the other parts are sort of waiting for these to arrive before I start.

finished the front end, FP shocks n Springs for suspension, I upgraded to 2011 brakes to give me a bit larger disc, I used Stop Tech calipers, hopefully better than the local Discount Auto Supply variety, but who knows? Hawk HP plus pads, new hubs, and Fabman's zoomy ducts, so we'll see how it goes. also changed out all the brake lines to steel braided Stop Tech stuff.

20220214_121315.jpg

20220214_104128.jpg

Last edited:
Interior is done except for possibly that hokey steering wheel. Installed a bluetooth cd/fm tuner, I purchased it from Cruthfield. I used to install steroes back in the day and all I can say is thank God for Meta and Axxess, they provided install-ready harness and dash applique so it dropped right in. I'm thinking of seeing if the original unit can be repaired because it would be a great spare for the Shelby.
Somewhere along the line someone decided to hang some orange upholstery on the door panels. I removed it but discoverred some unearthly funk underneath it that proved un removeable. After several attempts, I punted. I sanded the panel down as much as possible, hit it with some black primer then trunk painted the panel insert. It actually turned out reasonably decent. Picked up a few small parts that were missing and was done.

20220222_141513.jpg

20220222_141522.jpg

20220222_141557.jpg

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Damn Blacksheep , you have got this " Beater " looking so good we may never see you at an autocross or on the track, you will be the new " Star " at Cars and Coffee. Seriously, fun build and she really is looking nice and we all are anticipating the final result. Like you I love the burnt orange , as I used a similar Ford color to repaint my first car ( Datsun 2000 ).

🤣...I was thinking the same thing. I thought you were building a track car not a show car.
More like a "fun" car that I can track. The issue with the interior is that if you run a harness and an aftermarket steering wheel you have to run a Hans, if you stay with the inertia reel and air bags you don't need to, which makes total sense. This way, if I ever wanted to go bonzo, the roll bar will accept a 5 point.

After years and years of success, Ford finally bit me in the ***.
Loosened them, drenched them in PB Blaster, came out the next day and broke 4 of them.
Not sure how to fish the parts out, or how far I want to go, maybe Ill just pull the engine, I was hoping to avoid this BS

20220225_153005.jpg

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
18341948_10210602625036434_2481526745160962015_n.jpg

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Snowy North
Prolly can't risk using a magnetized bolt extractor for fear of dumping non-ferrous crud into the cyls.....sad.

TMO Supporting Vendors