The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Project Super Beater

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

@Ludachris has already set up a way to get QR stickers for your car if you have a vehicle profile. You just go to your published vehicles and off to the right there will be an option to buy the sticker leading back to your profile. You get a fancy TMO sticker with it and the QR code says "TMO" in the center.
I was just goofing around with the pic with qr code.
Here is the link for the TMO decals and QR code decals.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
@Ludachris has already set up a way to get QR stickers for your car if you have a vehicle profile. You just go to your published vehicles and off to the right there will be an option to buy the sticker leading back to your profile. You get a fancy TMO sticker with it and the QR code says "TMO" in the center.
I probably should get a couple. My wife is tired of trying to answer questions about my car when I am wondering around the paddock.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
I probably should get a couple. My wife is tired of trying to answer questions about my car when I am wondering around the paddock.
😆 didn't even think about how these would be helpful for the spouses. You could even print these out on regular paper and have them in the paddock/garage.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Atlanta, GA
I appreciate it. I have a bunch of springs sitting around. Currently on FEAL Coilovers, but after having multiple failures, and a lack of track time lately...I can't see it being worth proper suspension at this point in time.
Hi @Grim , could elaborate on the failures you've been experiencing on your FEAL coilovers?
I was actually looking into upgrading to a FEAL 441+ because I am currently on BC coilovers (Initially bought it without having plans to ever track my car lol)

Hi @Grim , could elaborate on the failures you've been experiencing on your FEAL coilovers?
I was actually looking into upgrading to a FEAL 441+ because I am currently on BC coilovers (Initially bought it without having plans to ever track my car lol)
Hey, my apologies for the delayed reply. I wouldn't say 441+ are worth any money over the BCs. If you want to upgrade, I'd save and go with something from cortex, or some MCS, etc... Otherwise, you will still have a SA, entry level coilover. Drove my car to a shop I no longer trust (unrelated to the FEALs), picked it up, drove home, and found a huge puddle under the left rear in the AM. I would also add a quote from FEAL when I gave feedback about their rear rates being much too high, "6k is what we would use for a "street" application and we would typically get more aggressive from there as the demand for a higher natural frequency arises." Mine was shipped with an 8k rear spring as that is what they calculated to be best for my usage with 0 aero, on 275 street tires, and I didn't know any better at the time.

1662341927035.png

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
The Florida Flyer, Blacksheep's Beauty, the Seminole SuperStang, Tribute of the TireGuru, the Cheaparts Pony, the Horse with no Name...............whatever she is called, she is a looker !!

It will be a project for many cars on track to beat her - play on words completely intended!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
problem solving here...

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Heh, Blacksheep, there are plenty of us on here who do both full track and autocross and I am definitely in the camp that autocrossing improves one's skills when running the big picture ( road courses ). Cool for you to see the Super Beater is a pretty decent cone carver and I am sure with some sticky rubber you could shock the masses.

Funny, but making a zillion course corrections with a car constantly on the edge is often helpful when on a road course and you are correctly a skid, slide or braking issue at 80 mph or above. Your responses to similar issues at 35-50 mph on an autocross course may be the skill that saves your buttucci ?

Seat time in your own moving simulator translates quite well to ripping it up at your favorite road course in my personal opinion.

Heh, Blacksheep, there are plenty of us on here who do both full track and autocross and I am definitely in the camp that autocrossing improves one's skills when running the big picture ( road courses ). Cool for you to see the Super Beater is a pretty decent cone carver and I am sure with some sticky rubber you could shock the masses.

Funny, but making a zillion course corrections with a car constantly on the edge is often helpful when on a road course and you are correctly a skid, slide or braking issue at 80 mph or above. Your responses to similar issues at 35-50 mph on an autocross course may be the skill that saves your buttucci ?

Seat time in your own moving simulator translates quite well to ripping it up at your favorite road course in my personal opinion.
I figure seat time is seat time, I'm trying not to be too competitive, this is my outlet. It's hard to find the time to do events right now.
I'd rather do HPDE, but I'll take what I can get.

Oh superbeater... I thought it was rare the AC still worked. One race day and it gave up. I'm on the fence as to whether I want to fix it or delete it. The summers in 100% humidity in Florida are tough while waiting in the staging lanes. I ordered the parts, but they'll all fit my Shelby so I won't be out anything.
You can actually see the trans tunnel from the front of the car. The evaporator core is bad, but like most things you better swap out the heater core, compressor switch, drier and orifice tube while you're there.
20230616_184938.jpg20230616_184946.jpg20230616_185001.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors