The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Project "Voodoo Child" 2017 GT350

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The R calipers are painted red. There are no other differences and I have them on my car.

j3st3r

Brian S.
Tennessee
Sooo....pull into drive at work, windows down, temps are nice and I hear a click click click coming from front left tire.....WTF...I park and find a razor blade in the center tread like the jeepers creepers dude threw it in there. It sliced all the way to the cords. Long story short for those that wanted to know....305/35 will fit on the front with no issues

IMG_0756-X2.jpg

IMG_0766-X2.jpg

IMG_0767-X2.jpg
IMG_0770-X2.jpg

New rubber to match the rears!
IMG_0764-X2.jpg
IMG_0765-X2.jpg
IMG_0769-X2.jpg
IMG_0772-X2.jpg
IMG_0771-X2.jpg

j3st3r

Brian S.
Tennessee
1600 miles on the clock, so 2nd oil change before I taker her racing tomorrow. Also went ahead and changed the diff fluid.
IMG_0829-X2.jpg

Checked first to see if I had been burning any oil, and NOPE, oil level looks great!
IMG_0780-X2.jpg

Again pulled a sample, and everything looks clean/good
IMG_0782-X2.jpg
IMG_0783-X2.jpg

Also checked the catch cans, passenger side had some in it, drivers side was bone dry
IMG_0822-X2.jpg

IMG_0784-X2.jpg

IMG_0823-X2.jpg

Diff Fluid Change
Removed fill plug......this was WAY TIGHT.....
IMG_0807-X2.jpg

Fluid did NOT drip out after removing fill plug
IMG_0809-X2.jpg

Removed drain/bottom cooler line
IMG_0805-X2.jpg
IMG_0815-X2.jpg

Drained into a container to see how much came out, since I only bought 2qts :eek:
IMG_0814-X2.jpg

Right at 2qts
IMG_0818-X2.jpg

Went with the factory specified fluid for the first change, and then will probably switch over to BG
IMG_0819-X2.jpg

Added some teflon tape to threads and put it all back together
IMG_0817-X2.jpg

j3st3r

Brian S.
Tennessee
See @mattlqx thread for cycling the diff when changing the fluid.

Still on stock tires and wheels?
Yes, but put the 305's on front too. Going to see how this setup does at AutoX tomorrow, and then try and figure out what setup I want to run on the track. After looking at the GT7 LMR wheels....just not feeling them, so Apex might be the only option......not that, that is a bad thing :)

j3st3r

Brian S.
Tennessee
So finally got get out and race this past weekend! Ran an AutoX with one of our sister regions. At first I was the only one registered in AS class so I was like, this will be a nice casual day to get a feel for the car.......BUT.....ZL1 shows up late......with RE71's, and the 2016 CAM-S national champ driving......well there went that idea :) I was really hoping the PSS tires were going to be competitive......they were NOT. I pretty sure I missed on pressure a little. The car under steered EVERYWHERE.....I tried everything I could to get the ass end to rotate, even tried the damn lift off oversteer, and all of the nannys off and still no bueno. I was a second off his pace, and was trying not to be too disappointed but in the end......I want the "W"! Car is great though, and draws ALOT of attention, even from die hard Chevy fans. Cant wait to get some stickier tires on and get to play some more. 1st track day is in a few weeks, and still plan on running the PSS's just to get a baseline in this configuration.

IMG_0867-X3.jpg
IMG_0866-X3.jpg

Have to say it again GRIOTS products are AWESOME!!
IMG_0865-X3.jpg

IMG_0863-X3.jpg
IMG_0859-X3.jpg

Last edited:

Apex Wheels

Race Proven, Street Approved
Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
Boy does she look good all cleaned up. As they say, the hard part is keeping black that way. Im sure the GRIOTS products are helping.

Alignment, lighter wheels in a square configuration and better rubber will surely put you on the right track. PSS's are some fantastic performing street tires, but that is where it ends. I see some 305 RE71-R or Cup2's in your future :D

j3st3r

Brian S.
Tennessee
Boy does she look good all cleaned up. As they say, the hard part is keeping black that way. Im sure the GRIOTS products are helping.

Alignment, lighter wheels in a square configuration and better rubber will surely put you on the right track. PSS's are some fantastic performing street tires, but that is where it ends. I see some 305 RE71-R or Cup2's in your future :D
Definitely some RE71's....just can see spending more money for C2's and getting less performance then the "hoosierstones" :) Need to also talk to you about a square 19x11 setup

TMO Supporting Vendors