The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Project Yellow Cab.. mission accomplished

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So here was the real deal at Sebring in case anyone is speculating. As you are all aware, I bought this 06 T4 Mustang from Phoenix about 6 months ago. It is has had about 20 other owners/ drivers car since it was built. John Heinricy had even driven the car (google the name) Well he was driving Drew Spotos's car at homestead, something went amiss (it's a BRZ)_ and a piece of debris crashed up into the engine compartment damaging the cam cover and draining the oil out of it. Fortunately, the car got stopped in time, but being a BRZ (read Subaru engine) the car was not easily repairable between the races which were only days apart. So I got the call to see if the Banana was available,, well it was... sort of. The new SCCA rulebook allows and 8.8 in the car with a 3.55 gearing, the car was up on stands, and the diff partially removed. So in about 8 available hours I replaced the removed parts, nut and bolted the car, replaced the front brakes, fluid check, etc. etc. The idea was to do a "start and park". Let me explain that.. In order to qualify for the SCCA runoffs you have to make a specific amount of races, I believe there is now a performance criteria involved as well, I don't know what it is. Since JH was down here from wherever he lives, and the car owner is from Florida, and I know both, I was glad to help them out. I did not have the correct tire size, (I did but they were ancient) so they ran the itty bitty BRZ tires on the car. Remarkably, the car qualified easily within the allowance (115%, I think, but not last) and they ran the needed number of laps in the race.
So that is what happened, there was no breakage, the car performed as well as could be expected on micro tires, it was returned in a pristine condition. They were nice enough to throw me a bone, which was greatly appreciated.
..and that's the real story in case it ever comes up.

x9sVqMll.jpg

zhPNs5Hl.jpg

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Great story and I think many of us were wondering how things worked out , and since she was substituted for a BRZ ,running on those little Subaru rims and tires, I think her new name will have to be , " The Yellow Sub-marine , " ha. Now that she helped John qualify it sounds like you have her ready for you to track, so slap some tires on her and we want to hear your exploits!!

Last edited:
Subaru rims and tires, I think her new name will have to be , " The Yellow Sub-marine , "

no.. just no

in case you haven't heard that story.., lol
I really don't have time right now, January is completely booked up, I was fortunate in that I just happened to replace the windshield, fire bottle and belts, then had the car teched about 3 weeks ago.

TMO Supporting Vendors