The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Proper Wheel Spacer size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
MD
Hello all,

Putting together my shopping list for track season next year and was wondering about spacers and wheels.

Is it possible to run 28mm spacers up front with +52 wheel (apex ec-7) on the 1" ARP studs?

I will have a 3mm spacer at the rear so I'm just thinking to make proportional changes to the track width of front and rear, I would get the 28mm instead of the 25mm.

In the V6L
Hello all,

Putting together my shopping list for track season next year and was wondering about spacers and wheels.

Is it possible to run 28mm spacers up front with +52 wheel (apex ec-7) on the 1" ARP studs?

I will have a 3mm spacer at the rear so I'm just thinking to make proportional changes to the track width of front and rear, I would get the 28mm instead of the 25mm.
How wide are the rims? 11"?

I have an excel spreadsheet that allows me to check if a specific stud will work with a specific spacer. The 28 mm spacer is thicker than I'd use on a race track with the ARP 1" stud because it will only have a bit over 18mm of thread engagement in the lug nut. Personally, I won't run less than 20mm for the track. A 25 mm spacer or even a 26 mm meets my criteria - of course, it's entirely up to you to decide what you think is ok for your use.

The one thing I can't tell you is if an 11" rim with a net ET 24 (52-28) offset will work on a GT. Ok on a GT350 but I believe that the GT350 fenders are a bit wider.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
MD
How wide are the rims? 11"?

I have an excel spreadsheet that allows me to check if a specific stud will work with a specific spacer. The 28 mm spacer is thicker than I'd use on a race track with the ARP 1" stud because it will only have a bit over 18mm of thread engagement in the lug nut. Personally, I won't run less than 20mm for the track. A 25 mm spacer or even a 26 mm meets my criteria - of course, it's entirely up to you to decide what you think is ok for your use.

The one thing I can't tell you is if an 11" rim with a net ET 24 (52-28) offset will work on a GT. Ok on a GT350 but I believe that the GT350 fenders are a bit wider.
Thanks for the response.

its the 19x11 +52 by Apex. I know a +24 will work with a GT because I had MRR M600 in a 19x11+24 earlier this year that I used for a few events.

So I guess if I go with 26mm then the 2mm won't make a difference in the handling. OP mustang has new Studs that I could use but I think Im just overthinking it. Thanks again for your response
https://www.opmustang.com/store/p386/14MM_GT4_Mustang_Type_Racing_Wheel_Studs.html#/

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel