The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Proud New Owner of 2012 Boss Laguna Seca #290

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Congratulations and welcome to BMO. And plans to take it to a track?

I've always been a QTR mile guy, but yes for sure. I don't see owning a car like this without getting to track it. I'm in DFW so will start looking for some local courses and clubs to get me up to speed.

NeuRon

2012 500A #1626
Congratulations! :D

I know the suspension difference, but can feel any more grunt on the street, compared to your GT? I know they're pretty close in HP/TQ ratings, but I've always wondered if I have more than a nominal advantage over a GT. Of course, finding a stock GT on the streets is rare. ;)

Congratulations and welcome to the site! You'll have a lot of track options in your area. One guy that's in your area that you should look up is Loran Keller at Open Track Connection. He's done some work on my car and he knows these Mustangs. His shop sponsors several track day events and could get you hooked up with some in 2013.

ms71171 said:
I've always been a QTR mile guy, but yes for sure. I don't see owning a car like this without getting to track it. I'm in DFW so will start looking for some local courses and clubs to get me up to speed.

Welcome. Congrats on getting an awesome LS.

Check out this link for a 1/4 mile event not far from you in April. Started out as all Bullitt's and Mach's but any Ford powered car is welcome to show up. I'll be there with my '12.

http://bullittevents.com/texas-shootout/

NeuRon said:
Congratulations! :D

I know the suspension difference, but can feel any more grunt on the street, compared to your GT? I know they're pretty close in HP/TQ ratings, but I've always wondered if I have more than a nominal advantage over a GT. Of course, finding a stock GT on the streets is rare. ;)

It's a lot different power band for sure, but I've also not had much more than 2-3 romps on this one with the Track Key. The stock Pirelli Corsa's are frankly scary low on traction. Don't know if the car sat a while or not, but they'll hopefully get better once I drive it some more.

My 5.0 had a Bama Tune, stock motor, 4.10's and 305/30/20 Mickey Thompson's and would kill this LS in a drag race. I was running high 11's in it and in the QTR.

Here's my old baby sniff sniff...

5-A672-4915-AD39-5D0AE9786A04-740-00000114759549A6.jpg

dabossinne said:
Congrats on the new LS! Like those deep dish Minilite-style wheels on the GT. What are they?

They're Shelby CS56's. They would have looked awesome on the Boss, but the dealer said they were critical for my trade value.

I also just pickup a 2012 LS # 377 158 miles.. Getting a ton of mods done! Kenne bell 2.8, MGW shifter, One piece Steeda Drive shaft with safety loop, Steeda coil overs, Upper and lower control arms, watts links, Baer 6 piston 14 front and back rotors, steeda mufflers ( wish i could do a cat delete but it needs to pass emissions) MMR coolant mod , and few others that i lost track of.. Best of Luck!

KYBOSSLS said:
Congratulations, your Boss looks a lot like mine, was this sitting at the dealer for a year? Or are you the second owner? Book the Track Attack ASAP!!

I bought it from a dealer in Arkansas and pretty sure it's been at the dealer a while. I was watching it for 3 weeks and it has signs of sitting outside like swirl marks etc, but who cares, right! I'm Zainoing it this weekend and will post some proper pics.

I paid $43 out the door so figure I did pretty good. I think they had trouble selling it in AK lol.

bigh3410 said:
I also just pickup a 2012 LS # 377 158 miles.. Getting a ton of mods done! Kenne bell 2.8, MGW shifter, One piece Steeda Drive shaft with safety loop, Steeda coil overs, Upper and lower control arms, watts links, Baer 6 piston 14 front and back rotors, steeda mufflers ( wish i could do a cat delete but it needs to pass emissions) MMR coolant mod , and few others that i lost track of.. Best of Luck!

Awesome! Post lotsa pics.

Congrats, on the LS. I was going to try to get one when I first heard about the Boss, but with all the dealer mark-ups on them I couldn't justify the extra cost. So, I went with a regular boss. You'll enjoy it!! ;D

ms71171 said:
My 5.0 had a Bama Tune, stock motor, 4.10's and 305/30/20 Mickey Thompson's and would kill this LS in a drag race. I was running high 11's in it and in the QTR.

5-A672-4915-AD39-5D0AE9786A04-740-00000114759549A6.jpg

Well you have been to the track to race so you know how. I think with a little practice in your LS you may find that it isnt much off the time of your modified 5.0. I know theres a few guys dragging them and are into the 11's with not much more than Drag radials and a good tune.

Grats on your new Boss.

ms71171 said:

First welcome the club.
There is a track day scheduled for Eagle Canyon Race Way in Decatur, Tx this Saturday. Usually, three or four Bosses in attentance. I'll be there for sure. $150 for 4 25 minute session with instructor included.
Hope to see you there, Hack - (I know what a nickname. I blame my 1st grade coach, he did it!)

http://www.eaglescanyon.com/2008/ecrtd.php

TMO Supporting Vendors