The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pss vs ps2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a 2013 boss na with full boltons ... the car is still on oem suspension and wheels and i finally found in the local market michelin tires...

But what i found is pilot super sport 275/35r19 which is narrower and smaller in overall dia than the 285/35r19

The other tires i found is the ps2 285/35r19 ...

Please help me out guys ... i just have these choices and no other options bcuz 19 inch tores are hard to find at my place.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I have 275/35-19 PSS square as my street setup. Much better then the OEM tires. Also recently upgraded a BMW 540 from PS2 to PSS as well and happy with the switch.

Mad Hatter said:
I have 275/35-19 PSS square as my street setup. Much better then the OEM tires. Also recently upgraded a BMW 540 from PS2 to PSS as well and happy with the switch.

Hows the pss compared to the ps2 ??

Now that u have the 275/35-19 on ur boss.. how is the grip on street for str8 lines ... ? From dig ? Roll ?

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Cant really say since the car spends most of time at the track taking corners!. But I would say the wet traccion is far far ahead of the OEM tire. The PS tire was great but its pretty old tech now. The PSS was crisper and and seems to be wearing very well.

is it better for corner handling to get the 255s front ?

the 275 may bulge on the wheel and this may alter the handling effect i guess ... wouldnt it ?

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I for one, hated the narrow front tires. Braking and handling improved every time a got a wider front. Started with a 265/35-19 then 275 and now 295 or 305 for track.

But all of this goes with a whole bunch of other mods like Lower control arms etc.

But wouldnt a tires bigger than a 255 on a 9 inch wheel makes the car less grippy at corners or less steering responsive compared to the 255 ??

TMO Supporting Vendors