The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pueblo Motorsports Park

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drove to Pueblo CO this past weekend for a NASA event. Great group of guys and a fun track.

Here are the two races from Sunday

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaqhjPZ7dp0[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYuhpkaeySY&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Sorry I did not get by to talk! Was quite. Busy with students and sign offs.

Looked like you were doing quite well out there for it being a new track for you.

That AIX Terlingua car was a beast!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Nice to see how Pueblo turned out, as heard it had been repaved and improved -- looks like a fun track as you mentioned.

Keep those videos coming, for those of us who can't seem to get to the track as much as we desire .

JScheier said:
Sorry I did not get by to talk! Was quite. Busy with students and sign offs.

Looked like you were doing quite well out there for it being a new track for you.

That AIX Terlingua car was a beast!

Well, I thought I was doing pretty good until I saw your times. I think I could gain some time in T1, the exit of T7 and of course, T10.

The Terlingua car puts down about 780 at the wheels!

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
The first time I went over I was going to ask if you wanted to ride through with me. Figured I'd help out a fellow Texan and Boss owner.

I was on dead continental take-offs...was actually hoping (without success) to go about 2-3 seconds faster. Maybe next time :(

JScheier said:
The first time I went over I was going to ask if you wanted to ride through with me. Figured I'd help out a fellow Texan and Boss owner.

I was on dead continental take-offs...was actually hoping (without success) to go about 2-3 seconds faster. Maybe next time :(

Two seconds faster would be really impressive! You are making me and my S look bad.

What I really needed help with was the Tequila that they were pouring down my throat Friday night. ???

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
lol

Still no response from Mark on if he has any in-car video. Might be a while until I can pester him in-person again; him and his crew make frequent trips to AZ to run with us in the winter months.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
smittytx said:
Two seconds faster would be really impressive! You are making me and my S look bad.

What I really needed help with was the Tequila that they were pouring down my throat Friday night. ???

Come out to Hastings with us for the second annual mustang roundup. We'll get you up to speed really quick. And, no tequila....Only Bacardi :)

JScheier said:
smittytx said:

Come out to Hastings with us for the second annual mustang roundup. We'll get you up to speed really quick. And, no tequila....Only Bacardi :)

It's on my radar, but it's during a NASA event at Hallett.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Man, this is ridiculous, we threw out the guantlet to Smitty to come and hang with his fellow Stang Studs and he wants to go to some silly NASA event instead. You could be the third 302S at Hastings and hang out with a bunch of guys/gals who would oooooo and aaaaahhhh over your car, could maybe give you some tips, would ask for photos with a real racecar driver , or go to Oklahoma and drink tequila and lose your shoes again.

In fact we even invited you in another thread and myself , Scheier, and others offered to buy you a beer. You could save a ton more in Hastings on just your bar tab, and since there is a Clubhouse on site, you don't even have to worry about driving four zillion miles into Tulsa to sleep. We have designated drivers if need be.

So, are you going to be a chump, deprive us of some great videos, or are you going to Oklahoma ,where no shoes is the norm and you will feel comfortable after the tequila and the loss of your wits and attire????

Okay, I am up to two beers I will buy you -------

Life choice -- Hang with Ford Fanatics or pal around with some folks who have Bowties on their cars and their uniforms!

smittytx said:
It's on my radar, but it's during a NASA event at Hallett.
We'd be honored to have our a$$ handed to us by another S :D It really is a good time and George does a great job hosting. There will be Bosses galore and even better if we have a few more "King of the Hill" 302Ses flying around the track.

Heck John even upgraded his chicken wire to a Faleen grille just for the occasion. I'm hoping he hasn't upgraded the U-Haul trailer though. That baby's a classic ;D

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
He can't remember , he drank too much tequila and decided to go native. We heard it through the grapevine.

See another reason for you to come up Smitty, your Boss buddies would never leave you stranded like that!

Man, y’all are killing me!

First off, I don’t drink Tequila, so I have no recollection of what you are talking about. :eek:

Second, I don’t think I’d be handing everyone their A$$, John’s times were much faster than mine in Pueblo.

But!

It does sound like I’d have a few free beers, which is always a positive. I do want to come up for the event. I need to see how much I have left in the piggy bank after Nationals which is two weeks before. I’m also hoping my car will look the same as before Nationals.

So, right now It’s wait and see. Hallett is out

Updates to follow

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Way to go Smitty , old lad , I may just have to spring for 3 beers for you. By the way who cares if John is fast, he doesn't have an official race car and he probably won't be wearing a driving suit. I am figuring you won't have much time on the track anyway, you'll be too busy signing autographs.

Practice saying, " Hi there gorgeous, I am a race driver from Texas, and you can just call me da Boss!" You sure are a pretty little thing and how about I buy you a beer."

Nope , I am not buying her beer , you are on your own from there....

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
cloud9 said:
Heck John even upgraded his chicken wire to a Faleen grille just for the occasion. I'm hoping he hasn't upgraded the U-Haul trailer though. That baby's a classic ;D

U-Haul trailer has been reserved for months. Y'all just need to hope I get one wide enough for the Boss so you don't have to witness my enguneering skilz!

Chicken wire grille goes everywhere with me. I'll let my lap times make up for my lack of auto-detailing ;)

New toys could be here next week....y'all better start working on your stories now ;)

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
John , what is Gary talking about a Faleen grill? I think he must have meant a Baleen grill , which is taken from the whale of said name and is one of natures best filters. Not sure the purpose , except when you go fast , Smitty can tell everyone you had a ," Whale of a fast time!"

Seriously, if he meant Saleen would that get rid of your chicken wire system ? Concern, as that could possibly lose part your mystique.

Don't worry about anyone making fun of your auto detailing , I have so much clear bra on my car it should be sponsored by Saran Wrap.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Bill Pemberton said:
John , what is Gary talking about a Faleen grill? I think he must have meant a Baleen grill , which is taken from the whale of said name and is one of natures best filters. Not sure the purpose , except when you go fast , Smitty can tell everyone you had a ," Whale of a fast time!"

Seriously, if he meant Saleen would that get rid of your chicken wire system ? Concern, as that could possibly lose part your mystique.

For $150, I figured I'd try the 'Saleen' grille that Late Model Restoration was offering. It has to be fake... finish was krap. Seems to have worked though and looks 1000x better than the chicken wire grille. That grille has seen better days (I caught 'part' of a prairie dog in it on my previous weekend at Pueblo... doesn't smell good and some of the wire is broken).

Don't worry about anyone making fun of your auto detailing , I have so much clear bra on my car it should be sponsored by Saran Wrap.

I'm not worried... I'll run it though the automatic car wash sometime before Hastings ;)

TMO Supporting Vendors