The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Purchase a 12 or 13 (Hard to Decide)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sesshomurai

MakeMyDay said:
BossLS said:
That's like saying (back in the day) should I get a 69 Boss or 70? They are both great cars and it's personal choice. I bought a 12 LS because I am a Boss addict and my personal choice is the 12 style with the 69 stripes. I just sold my 70 for that reason that I want another 69 so I'm going to get one. If you want a cut and dry answer, ask "which should I buy a Boss Mustang or a Camaro?" I think you will get a clear choice on that. Either way you will love the car when you drive it. It is unbelievable.
Your last sentence, you know this and I know this but please - let's keep this our secret. This car is in a class all by itself - light years ahead of anything else. Let keep our Boss ownership an exclusive little club - you wouldn't want Camaro and BMW owners to start buying up our vehicles now would you?

MMD

Why not? I was a camaro convert. Almost pre-ordered a ZL1 and went '13 boss LS instead.

Everytime I hear someone going from a Chevy to a Ford, I feel like Luke Skywalker converting Darth Vader from the "Dark Side".

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
There are plenty of former BMW, GM, Audi, Nissan, et all owners who have decided for one reason or another to buy a Boss. I sold my 2010 G37S, and have been driving our million mile (242k) Odyssey for a while and then my new DD, a '97 Marquis to be able to buy a new Boss. The OP has a 'nice problem to have' deciding between a '12 or '13 Boss. Not like you are strapped to a dentist chair with Laurence Olivier hovering over you chanting "Is it safe?" drill drill drill 2012 or 2013? drill drill drill :eek:

I'm going to try and not be biased toward the 12 since I own one, but, I got my car in March, the '13 was availible to order, not withstanding the cost difference (lower base price plus $2K under MSRP) of about 4K or so, I went '12. Reason 1, I do like the front of the '12 better (like '13 tail lites better), give up the electronics (have full sync and electronics in my '12 F-150, daily driver) that are cool but not a decision maker. Second, superstitious or not, 13 is not one of my favorite numbers, and the '14 will be here in a year, can trade-up. The important stuff is all there in both. This is a long term car, I had my 66 Shelby GT 350 for 22 years, call that long term, even after selling the 350 and getting the Boss, got a lot of bux left over to help pay for gas. The biggest consideration is the BOSS 302 as a collectable car in the future, the GT Mustang will be just another used car. Make yourself happy and get one or the other, no regrets. Hurry, Track Attack is filling up for 2012, then you will have to wait for 2013.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
until my friend pointed out that the 13's look like a catfish from the front I was all about getting a 13. I really like the track app and the hood along with the new colors GHIG and GB and SBY all colors you cant get a 12 in.

What does your gut tell you? Listen to it and don't look back, you'll be happy with your choice, I guarantee it.
Iguaranteeit2.jpg

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
askjeffro said:
What does your gut tell you? Listen to it and don't look back, you'll be happy with your choice, I guarantee it.
Iguaranteeit2.jpg

But how will I look after listening to it?! ???

Take your time. The excitement may deminish your patience.

Be familiar with all the base and optional equipment that is supposed to be included.
Check carefully all of the painted surfaces. (and, of course, stripes)
Lift up hood and rear deck.
Have salesperson go thru all operations with which you are not familiar. All the electronics: Sync, Bluetooth setup (take phone with you). This should be a Standard Operating Procedure with the salesperson) and will save you time later on.
Take a camera with you to record any deficiencies.
Fluid levels, tire pressure ( Ionce had a dealer who did not relieve pressure when delivered to the dealer. Was 42 psi and should have been a 32)
The daeler should also have a checklist they use when first receiving a car (I think)

I am sure you will have additional advice..

Thanks to all for their input and today I drove home my 2012 race red with white top boss. I am 46 years old and have to say it is the best car I have ever driven. I had a crowd around my house shortly after I got home. If anyone is in the Waldorf MD area give me a shout next time you are out for a drive.

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
knappj69 said:
Thanks to all for their input and today I drove home my 2012 race red with white top boss. I am 46 years old and have to say it is the best car I have ever driven. I had a crowd around my house shortly after I got home. If anyone is in the Waldorf MD area give me a shout next time you are out for a drive.
Congrats on your new family member! Wish you many years of enjoyment and good luck with your new vehicle. Best wishes.

MMD

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
You got a great car at a great price! Congrats!

Also, I know there is a debate on which year looks better and I have to say both years are great! Maybe the front or back is preferred on one or the other or one has apps and the other has other color choices, but they all have the BOSS 302 motor and superior handling.

I will speculate on the future. I think once this model year ends, any remaining Boss' will get bought up and 2 years after that any of them that gets sold will bring close to MSRP. They are just very unique. Anyone on the fence right now, go buy one. Otherwise you will look back as the prices climb that "man I should have bought one when I had the chance"

I have a 13 Boss, and the one advantage I will give to the 2012 owners who bought last year is, YOU GOT TO ENJOY IT FOR A YEAR MORE THAN I DID! Congrats!!

Brian

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel