The Mustang Forum for Track Enthusiasts

Track Mustangs Online was built specifically for those who track their Mustangs!

Register Log in

Pushing Transmission Fluid through breather

xXANCHORMONXx

TMO Intermediate
Reaction score
Most of you may not know that on the driver side firewall there is a green cap with a hose attached to it. This is the transmission breather.

Ever since I started running slicks I find transmission fluid coming through. I did bring it to the dealer and they swapped the entire breather assembly.

However it did the same thing at Sonoma this past weekend.

Has anyone else experienced this? I may make my own breather setup at this point.

*Also transmission fluid is at the correct level and the temps are just perfect.*

TIA

TMSBOSS

TMO Addict
Reaction score
I had a similar issue when using a new brand of fluid. Some simply foam more than others. I switched back to redline and have had no issues since.

2012-Boss

TMO Addict
Reaction score
I believe there are a couple of GT350 owners on the board who had to replace the transmission vent line with a larger overflow reservoir because of this issue. At least one of them had the modification done by a Ford Dealer at the direction of Ford Performance. Maybe one of them will chime in with a parts list and pictures.

xXANCHORMONXx

TMO Intermediate
Reaction score
Just wanted to follow up.

I pulled off the green cap on the transmission breather, put a 3/8 hose with clamp into a catch can with a K&N breather filter.

I haven’t checked to see if anything went in the can but at least I won’t have any fluid on the firewall. Just tested it this weekend at the track with no issues

Attachments

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel