Pushing Transmission Fluid through breather

Discussion in 'GT350 and S550 Technical Forum' started by xXANCHORMONXx, May 6, 2019.

1. xXANCHORMONXx

xXANCHORMONXx TMO Intermediate

Most of you may not know that on the driver side firewall there is a green cap with a hose attached to it. This is the transmission breather.

Ever since I started running slicks I find transmission fluid coming through. I did bring it to the dealer and they swapped the entire breather assembly.

However it did the same thing at Sonoma this past weekend.

Has anyone else experienced this? I may make my own breather setup at this point.

*Also transmission fluid is at the correct level and the temps are just perfect.*

TIA

2. TMSBOSS

TMSBOSS TMO Addict

I had a similar issue when using a new brand of fluid. Some simply foam more than others. I switched back to redline and have had no issues since.

3. 2012-Boss

2012-Boss TMO Addict

I believe there are a couple of GT350 owners on the board who had to replace the transmission vent line with a larger overflow reservoir because of this issue. At least one of them had the modification done by a Ford Dealer at the direction of Ford Performance. Maybe one of them will chime in with a parts list and pictures.

4. JeffV8

JeffV8 TMO Race

My 19 PP does the same.