The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pushing Transmission Fluid through breather

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Most of you may not know that on the driver side firewall there is a green cap with a hose attached to it. This is the transmission breather.

Ever since I started running slicks I find transmission fluid coming through. I did bring it to the dealer and they swapped the entire breather assembly.

However it did the same thing at Sonoma this past weekend.

Has anyone else experienced this? I may make my own breather setup at this point.

*Also transmission fluid is at the correct level and the temps are just perfect.*

TIA

I believe there are a couple of GT350 owners on the board who had to replace the transmission vent line with a larger overflow reservoir because of this issue. At least one of them had the modification done by a Ford Dealer at the direction of Ford Performance. Maybe one of them will chime in with a parts list and pictures.

Just wanted to follow up.

I pulled off the green cap on the transmission breather, put a 3/8 hose with clamp into a catch can with a K&N breather filter.

I haven’t checked to see if anything went in the can but at least I won’t have any fluid on the firewall. Just tested it this weekend at the track with no issues

Attachments

• 8D076858-204F-4E6B-B8E3-97D8647DDF1E.jpeg
    8D076858-204F-4E6B-B8E3-97D8647DDF1E.jpeg
    265.6 KB · Views: 108

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel