The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

QTP Boss Electric Cutout system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has anyone installed a set of these yet.....wondering if they would mess with the warranty........think it would be fun to be able to change the way it sounds with a remote.

There are several members that have them installed and they report-ably work well. They will not effect your warranty in any way. Check my signature for a link to the exhaust disc thread.

raypfatboy said:
Has anyone installed a set of these yet.....wondering if they would mess with the warranty........think it would be fun to be able to change the way it sounds with a remote.

I've had them for about 7 months and love them. Seem to be made very well and parts are individually replaceable. vioding the warranty wasnt even a thought in my mind on this one. Tap into the lighter plug in the center console for power, put the switch on the little knockout plug where you can adjust the e brake from and you are good to go.

raypfatboy said:

I have a set that I am going to remove because I don't use them.If you are interested e-mail me off line.

I have a question about the kit. Is it basically that they have two positions, open and closed? Or can you adjust the amount of sound with these across the range?

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
JB said:
I have a question about the kit. Is it basically that they have two positions, open and closed? Or can you adjust the amount of sound with these across the range?
depends on which kit you get. one is just a switch open or closed one comes with a remote to open it as little or as much as you want

Justin said:
depends on which kit you get. one is just a switch open or closed one comes with a remote to open it as little or as much as you want

No, both kits you can open or close part way.One is just the remote control on a key fob.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
681 LS said:
Has anyone tried to machine a 3/4 hole in the plate so it could not be closed completely?

I've been wondering that myself, and probably what I'd do if I had the cutouts. I don't think I'd ever want it fully closed.

TMO Supporting Vendors