The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Quad Exhaust Disc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

is your clutch issue that it will get super stiff sometimes and returns to the top of the travel really slow? mine will do that randomly.
[/quote]

No, my clutch randonly sticks on the floor at 7200rpm or higher shifts. Its happened about three times. All on the 3rd to 4th gear shift. Here's the link to that post if your interested in reading more.
https://trackmustangsonline.com/boss-302-technical-forum/sticking-clutch-with-7200rpm-shift-from-3rd-to-4th/

I quess it's true what they say,"to each his own". I run my Boss with the sides wide open & have no problem with the jake brake sound & actually like hearing it when I wind the motor up & then let off & hear it wind down....music to the ears................

MA
HackBoss302 said:
is your clutch issue that it will get super stiff sometimes and returns to the top of the travel really slow? mine will do that randomly.

No, my clutch randonly sticks on the floor at 7200rpm or higher shifts. Its happened about three times. All on the 3rd to 4th gear shift. Here's the link to that post if your interested in reading more.
https://trackmustangsonline.com/boss-302-technical-forum/sticking-clutch-with-7200rpm-shift-from-3rd-to-4th/

Mine has done the EXACT same thing. Seems that high RPM centrifugal force is not the stock clutch's friend. I plan on doing a Mecloud Twin Disc at some point when the frustration level gets too much.

[/quote]

MA
302BOB said:
I quess it's true what they say,"to each his own". I run my Boss with the sides wide open & have no problem with the jake brake sound & actually like hearing it when I wind the motor up & then let off & hear it wind down....music to the ears................

Not that much of a minority- I'm with you! I still can't figure out why anyone would run with the discs in- lol. I think the car sounds perfect with them removed.

I pulled the little foam piece out of the intake tube inside the firewall and it sounds nicely balanced with the open baffles now. A little more 'edge' but not overtly non-refined sounding either.

HackBoss302 said:
Tflong24 said:
O M G!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom, you should come over sometime a check out the sound quality. Its like a two block drive. The sound quality is much improved. BTW, Wray Ford installed TracKey Today. They are still looking into the clutch issue. I should get the Boss back Wednesday.

Chris

Hack, I will get with you this weekend. I'm running my side exhaust wide open. Don't have time to tune it like a piano.

Hack, I will get with you this weekend. I'm running my side exhaust wide open. Don't have time to tune it like a piano.
[/quote]

Tom, don't hate! I'll tune yours as well, just bring it on over for the week!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel