The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Quad exhaust restrictor plates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum and recently purchased a boss 302.

I've noticed some threads on the quad exhaust, but none have answered this question:

If I remove the exhaust restrictor plate, will it cause any malfunctions with my recent install of the track key? Also, is it necessary to replace restrictor with another plate of the same diameter as the side exhaust pipe?
Thanks!

I posted this before, but a couple hints about the baffles.

If you don't have a lift or don't want to use jack stands, buy a 15mm (iirc that is the size) ratcheting box wrench, and it will make it a lot easier. A regular ratchet will not fit, and you can only get like 1/8 turn before hitting the ground or the pipe. And you do need to take the two bolts completely out. The one under the tip is easy.

Line up the joint as well as you can, by holding it while you turn the bolts. If it is crooked, you will probably end up with a rattle.

Even with the joints correct, you may need to loosen the bolt at the band so you can twist the elbow toward the ground to avoid a rattle. Mine, the tack weld is crooked so the bolt angles up too much and it rattled on the way home from the dealer.

ok! so i removed the baffle plate and the car sounds absolutely amazing!!!! i plan on leaving the plates off. however, if i leave the plates off will my car pass emission or will i have to reinstall the baffle in order to pass it?

thanks again!!

Mcode said:
ok! so i removed the baffle plate and the car sounds absolutely amazing!!!! i plan on leaving the plates off. however, if i leave the plates off will my car pass emission or will i have to reinstall the baffle in order to pass it?

thanks again!!

I can not imagine removing the discs would effect emissions in any way.

TMO Supporting Vendors