The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Quarter Mile Times LS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jas427

BOSS LS #469
Out to the track the other night and made 4 passes. Had a hard time not hitting the rev limiter. From the 1st pass to the last all 2.0 60foot times except 1 at 2.2 . MPH from 1st pass missing 4th I know pretty bad was 85mph to 109.90. ETs well I thought they were good for the first time out car has less then 200 miles. 13.68 to 13.17. I know there is easy 12s to be had. Anyone want to share their times.
Thanks
OH all my reaction times were .120 or less but 1 at .363, does this make up for my missing 4th?

Sounds like you need to put on some drag radials on 17" or smaller wheels. The new MTs or Hoosiers are very good I am told. You should be able to get your 60 ft times under 1.8 for sure, 1.6 if your an experienced drag racer. Most the Boss Mustangs I have seen in drag videos are posting trap speeds around 116 mph and low 12's on the ET. I know what you mean on the rev limiter. It is amazing how quick you get to 7500.

The right tires make a world of difference. I assume you have probably seen this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLmXeUflf4I

BTW: That track (Maryland International Raceway) is 25 minutes from my house. However, I'm a road course guy and the nearest track (Summit Point) is 2 hours away.

GA
jas427 said:
Thought you guys might like to watch the car go down the track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEcCuTBb4TY

Nice. If you keep that up though your tires will probably only last you about 1,000 miles.

TMO Supporting Vendors