The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Question about BOSS Seats

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello All-
As not only a newer BOSS owner, but new to Mustangs in general, I have a a couple of seat questions.
CoverKing makes some nice looking slip on covers, but they do not list the regular BOSS seats in their drop down menu.
Can anyone please tell me if the Non-Recaro seats in my BOSS are the same as the GT seats for the same year?
Also, if the head rest pops off on these guys to apply the cover on it?
The 2nd question seems silly, but the the vehicle is in storage 7000 miles away.
I attempted to contact CoveKing, but received no reply.
Thank you in advance for any responses. They are appreciated.:nice:
V/r
Michael

How Odd-
On another forum, a guy said he thought that they were the same.
Bolstering wise, they do not seem like there is a bunch there........
I have pics but "Newbie boy" is not sure how to up-load them.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
SeaPig said:
How Odd-
On another forum, a guy said he thought that they were the same.
Bolstering wise, they do not seem like there is a bunch there........
I have pics but "Newbie boy" is not sure how to up-load them.
I have a base boss and I have been in 2012 GTs with cloth and leather....not the same

here is my seat if that helps
180198_588152737883968_634853551_n.jpg

Yep, those are the same as mine.....And MAN do I like them.
Thanks again for the input. I would hate to go back to the states and find out that they did not fit.
Have you by chance researched any covers for our seats?
I would really like to keep mine new looking for when I give it to my Grandson in 14 years ;D

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
SeaPig said:
Yep, those are the same as mine.....And MAN do I like them.
Thanks again for the input. I would hate to go back to the states and find out that they did not fit.
Have you by chance researched any covers for our seats?
I would really like to keep mine new looking for when I give it to my Grandson in 14 years ;D
well not covers but replacement of the cloth. katzskin makes custom interior for the boss's and GT's really expensive though.
http://www.katzkin.com/interiors

I think I read that they are the company that make the originals. I saw a Vette one time that had the whole interior done.
Beautiful, but like about 5K.
Thanks again for the info. Maybe I will put some BOSS shirts over them. 8).
V/r
Mike

I have the base Boss seats as well. Had Gary Disney make me a set of leather covers for them. They are hand stitched, and not to everyone's taste. Hell, it's my damn car :p Oh yeah..these are the back seats.

IMG_0061_zps27bd50c1.jpg

I like them and saw them on another forum.
What are our cars, if not unique to our own personal tastes.
I am going to do a few things myself to the "The Little Red Rocket" when I return home that I am sure some will not like.
But who gives a Rats Azz 8). I will still stay within the original intent of the car, but will still make it my own.
Are those covers pretty breathable?
Do you by chance have a hook up for other covers for our seats?

SeaPig said:
I like them and saw them on another forum.
What are our cars, if not unique to our own personal tastes.
I am going to do a few things myself to the "The Little Red Rocket" when I return home that I am sure some will not like.
But who gives a Rats Azz 8). I will still stay within the original intent of the car, but will still make it my own.
Are those covers pretty breathable?
Do you by chance have a hook up for other covers for our seats?

Yes they are very breathable and comfortable. Other comments made about the stitching didn't even realize that it was the light reflecting off the GB stitching. They are a bit pricey, but I can get you in contact with someone who will get them ordered and installed. FYI, they are Ford approved and authorized. Gary Disney is the gentleman who actually makes them though.

[email protected]

They will do the stitching and Boss Logos in your color.

GL!

TMO Supporting Vendors