The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

question about GT350 stripes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I haven't yet seen a 350, to answer this for myself, but was wondering...are the pinstripes that are on the outer edges of the main center stripes a totally separate stripe or simply built into the main stripe.

Got to get this figured out if I am going to order one someday. The pinstripes look good on some colors, like red cars with white stripes and black pins, reminds me of the LeMans winning Mark 4. But.... silver bordering black on yellow cars. I don't think so.

mattlqx

Mustangless
blk12svt said:
I haven't yet seen a 350, to answer this for myself, but was wondering...are the pinstripes that are on the outer edges of the main center stripes a totally separate stripe or simply built into the main stripe.

Got to get this figured out if I am going to order one someday. The pinstripes look good on some colors, like red cars with white stripes and black pins, reminds me of the LeMans winning Mark 4. But.... silver bordering black on yellow cars. I don't think so.

They're single pieces of vinyl. The black is printed on to white vinyl it appears on mine. I can't say the same for white accents on black stripes as I haven't seen them in person but I would imagine it's the same scenario.

There is no silver bordering on any of the stripes. It's either white stripe w/ black accent, black stripe w/ white accent, or blue stripe w/ black accent on the standard cars. R cars are red accents.

Thanks for lining me out on that. Must be a glare or something as it sure looked like a silver pinstripe on the yellow cars to me. Thanks for clarifying.

Austin
Bigworm Graphix sells a kit for the GT350 that has the border stripes separate from the main stripes. They have a huge color selection as well. I used their kit on my car and skipped the white borders. It's a good quality kit and it's half the price that you'd pay from the factory. (Of course that doesn't include labor if you have someone else install them)

Pics in this thread:

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=10682.0

I am partial to yellow and had hoped that pinstripe could be peeled off ending up with just black stripes. Thanks for posting. Love the yellow!!

TMO Supporting Vendors