The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Question about tach gauge?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was visiting a friend tonight who has a 2013 GHIG convertible GT. He tells me that when he hits the redline his tach guage turns red or lights up red. I have not had my 2013 Boss to the red line so I could not tell him if the same happens to my car. Anyone know if this is the case on a 2013 or even a 2012 Boss?

I hit the rev limiter pulling off the the lot the day I bought mine and when that happens the first time not only does the gauge turn red hundred dollar bills start shooting out of the AC vents! ;) The 12's do not light up but maybe they do on the 13's.

Another indicator that they provided in those cars were the clutch pedal... It sticks to the floor to let you know you've hit redline ;D

Kind of ironic that we don't get that helpful feature.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel