The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Question for blacksheep tire pressures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ny
hoosier 305 645 18 s80 or s100 what cold pressure did you start with on kohr cars.i know not air but nitrogen was used.
I know the radial tire really don't heat up like bias ply I used on my old boss 302 we use start 23 psi.
The radial 28 or higher depending on temp.
Chris

hoosier 305 645 18 s80 or s100 what cold pressure did you start with on kohr cars.i know not air but nitrogen was used.
I know the radial tire really don't heat up like bias ply I used on my old boss 302 we use start 23 psi.
The radial 28 or higher depending on temp.
Chris
Hard question to answer, I base all of my pressures off of hot pressures., I start around 20 psi cold and sort of work backwards when they are hot. For Hoosiers you are looking at 32 psi hot

**ALWAYS USE MFG RECOMENDATIONS FOR TIRE PRESSURE**

Last edited:
ny
Ok here another coming off track how long does hot tire pressure stay before cooling off. Thanks chris

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Wow, interesting to know as I have never started that low cold ever, so something new to try thanks to Mr. Tire Guru of the Swamp!

Last edited:
Wow, interesting to know as I have never started that low cold ever, so something new to try Mr. Tire Guru of the Swamp!
You would not believe some of the pressures I have sent cars out on, so low that I won't post them because I don't want anyone knocking the tires off the bead on the outlap

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Good point, and we know I am cheap, so I will only use freeeeeee air, ha! I start cold around 26-27 lbs on my R7s, so I imagine BS1 will tell me, even with the free stuff, I could go a little lower?

ny
I running 27 to 28 depending on air temp at track .lower when it gets warmer.
Coming off track and back in pits I check pressure. So I might be high if cooled off few degrees.
And yes I use compressed air. I'm running hossier s80 and s100 tires and continental slicks made by hoosier

ny
Go buy some cheap air/water separators from Lowes or Home Depot, put them in line, and drain the compressor before you fill the tires.
Come on blacksheep that extra water in the rim gives bill added advantage . Acts like flywheel counter weight helps him go faster in straights.
LOL
sorry Bill couldn't resist.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel