The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Question for current 2013 Boss owners - Connections in center console

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Hey guys,

As you can see in this pic of the interior of a 2012 Boss, you can only see a single audio line in jack inside of the center console storage compartment, behind the cup holders.

Screenshot2012-04-22at83749AM.png

In my wife's '11 GT Premium, from left to right there is an audio input jack, USB input jack, and 12v power point.

Is this the same setup that is inside the new 2013 Boss? I really need to know this as I'm currently planning all of the work the shop installing my stereo upgrade will perform. I will detail my plans for the audio system upgrade in another thread. All I'll say for now is I'm keeping the stock head unit, and am replacing the lame stock speakers and adding amplifiers and sub in the rear spare tire well. The plan is to locate a pair of V6 Premium/GT Premium '10-12 OEM door panels to replace the stock Boss panels, as I'm not going to cut up the originals because they lack the 8" woofer assembly. If anyone knows a good source for these, has a contact to obtain these panels, please let me now. This is a deal breaker, I must have a pair of used OEM panels!

While it's in the shop, I'm going to have the installer run the required wiring to power the Go Pro HD camera(s) in the Boss. The camera can get power source from USB 5pt male jack, so if I want to run 1 or more cables to provide power in multiple locations, behind rear view mirror, passenger corner of the windshield, and under hood for a grille mount for unobstructed front end shots. So it will be good to know if I've already got a powered USB port in the console that can have hidden cabling installed from it, or if I will have to use an adapter for the center dash outlet. I'd rather not have to clutter up the interior with extra cable all over the place, so one way or another I want to have multiple power sources for one or more Go Pro HD cameras. The motivation here is to be able to load up 32g SD cards in the cameras, and only have to worry about turning them on, then setting the desired mode. Won't have to worry about dead batteries, swapping spares, etc.

If you could snap a pic of what the console looks like if it's different than described above (wife's GT), that would be great.

Thanks.

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
Page 126 in the 2013 Mustang Owners Guide shows both a line-in jack and a USB jack and they are in the console and they are side by side.

MMD

ace72ace

I've been to a dealer that had 2 GT Premium Track Pack 2013's, where I ordered my Boss. We have at least 2 or 3 forum members that have a 2013 Boss right now, so as there are none local to me, I posted here. The Boss is unique to 'regular' models, so it's best to ask here.

ace72ace

MakeMyDay said:
Page 126 in the 2013 Mustang Owners Guide shows both a line-in jack and a USB jack and they are in the console and they are side by side.

MMD

For the Boss? All models? I realize that with all the changes for 2013, notably Sync, HIDs, premium steering wheel etc, that the USB is probably there. Rather than rely on any printed materials or manuals, going right the source, a current Boss owner is the best route.

Dvendet

ace72ace said:
MakeMyDay said:

MMD

For the Boss? All models? I realize that with all the changes for 2013, notably Sync, HIDs, premium steering wheel etc, that the USB is probably there. Rather than rely on any printed materials or manuals, going right the source, a current Boss owner is the best route.
I am confident that this Manual page is applicable to the Boss also. I would also recommend you contact either JeffisHere or Batman on this forum. These 2 fellow forum members have already taken delivery of their Bosses. Send them a PM.

MMD

ace72ace

No need for a PM, I thought this was 'post worthy' and the information would benefit everyone. JeffIsHere already responded with a request of a picture of the door scuff plate, so I'm sure I'll get a reply soon enough. I don't need the information RIGHT THIS SECOND, so I'm good =D.

I'm really getting excited for all the good times I expect to have with a new Boss. My buddy has been dying to get me out on the track, and as an instructor, he'll be able to help me get the most of it. Even though he is a BMW guy, he gives big props to the new Mustangs and is looking forward to his turn behind my wheel.

Dvendet

88saleen544 said:
Here is a picture from my '13. Quality is not the best, but does show all three connections

CenterConsole.jpg
See ACE72 - just like the 2013 Mustang manual said! Ford spends a lot of money, which you are paying for, to publish these detailed publications. You can learn incredible things about your buggy if you would just spend the time to read them.

ace72ace

Heh, so *THIS* time the documentation was correct... awesome!

You don't need to remind me of the benefits of reading a manual or documentation. I've been an IT professional for over 20 years, alternating between application support (customer), and 2nd/3rd Tier technical support (support). I read and reference, and make change requests to documentation on a regular basis. It is your absolute #1 best first place to start. I had reviewed the PDF order guides that on my laptop FIRST, to see if the information I needed was already listed. As it was not there, I knew I could count on a forum member here to come through, and in just a few hours, I have my picture. :)

Thank you 88Saleen544, for taking the time to snap the picture and post this up here, was exactly what I was looking for.

Dvendet

ace72ace said:
Heh, so *THIS* time the documentation was correct... awesome!

You don't need to remind me of the benefits of reading a manual or documentation. I've been an IT professional for over 20 years, alternating between application support (customer), and 2nd/3rd Tier technical support (support). I read and reference, and make change requests to documentation on a regular basis. It is your absolute #1 best first place to start. I had reviewed the PDF order guides that on my laptop FIRST, to see if the information I needed was already listed. As it was not there, I knew I could count on a forum member here to come through, and in just a few hours, I have my picture. :)

Thank you 88Saleen544, for taking the time to snap the picture and post this up here, was exactly what I was looking for.
Ace - I just downloaded a PDF copy of the 2013 Mustang Owners Manual if you need it just sent me a PM with your email and I'll pass along.

MMD

GA
88saleen544 said:
Here is a picture from my '13. Quality is not the best, but does show all three connections

CenterConsole.jpg

I have the same connections in my '12 GT - it's because the '13 Boss has Sync (unlike the '12 Boss which was a stripper other than peformance). Ford listened to the compaints on forums and offered a tech package with Sync for '13 that you can get for the base GT.

ace72ace

Yup, as I knew it had Sync I assumed it would have the USB jack, and I'm very glad it does. Does the '12 have the 9v power point in the console that isn't visible from the pic I found from a dealer ad? Doesn't really matter to me as I'm getting a '13, just curious...

ace72ace said:
No need for a PM, I thought this was 'post worthy' and the information would benefit everyone. JeffIsHere already responded with a request of a picture of the door scuff plate, so I'm sure I'll get a reply soon enough. I don't need the information RIGHT THIS SECOND, so I'm good =D.
The question was post worthy IMO and I'm glad the 2013's have the USB input and SYNC.

ace72ace

Maybe post worthy but not 'sponge worthy' <rimshot>

Just because all the docs and PDFs showed it had Sync didn't guarantee it had the USB port, but now we have the 'full' picture.

Dvendet

ace72ace said:

Just because all the docs and PDFs showed it had Sync didn't guarantee it had the USB port, but now we have the 'full' picture.
Hey Ace - When you finally get your Boss modded up please tell us what you wound up with, how did the install go, and maybe some pics of any modded components. I think a lot of us would be interested to find out about your experiences.

MMD

ace72ace

MakeMyDay said:
ace72ace said:

Hey Ace - When you finally get your Boss modded up please tell us what you wound up with, how did the install go, and maybe some pics of any modded components. I think a lot of us would be interested to find out about your experiences.

MMD

You bet. I have a lot of time to plan things out, looks like finding used door panels may be the hardest challenge.

TMO Supporting Vendors