The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Question for those with the Boss (Ford) Cover

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

To those who have the cover, is it me or does this material seem like it would scratch the finish? All the covers I have had for previous cars had a cotton or soft inner liner, but this one does not. Thoughts?

I thought the same thing, however, so far, it's not scratched my CO ----- at least not that I can tell. It does slide really easily. Frankly, I like Covercraft covers but like the logo and such on the Ford cover too.

PeteInCT said:
None here - on black...

Well, good point Pete - Black is somewhat extra-challenged in the swirl department.

I'll hold of on the covercraft just yet and give this one a chance - with a close eye!

;)

I used it a couple of times, no apparent issue. In fact it slides so easy, that I have difficulty getting it on with out it sliding off the other side.
There must be a trick or method I have to learn yet.

Wait, you guys took your car cover out of the bag? And some of you are actually USING it? ???

Do you have any idea what that's going to do to the value in 40 years? Cars with an unused still in the bag cover in the trunk are going to be worth WAY more. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Rich_S said:
Wait, you guys took your car cover out of the bag? And some of you are actually USING it? ???

Do you have any idea what that's going to do to the value in 40 years? Cars with an unused still in the bag cover in the trunk are going to be worth WAY more. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Shoot!! I wish you would have warned me when I opened it two days ago. There goes my retirement plan! ;D

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Pa93,

Dang , quite your complaining, I don't even have a cover, so I am completely out on my retirement plan. Least you got a ratty old used one that could at least help supplement your Social Security.

Bill Pemberton said:
Pa93,

Dang , quite your complaining, I don't even have a cover, so I am completely out on my retirement plan. Least you got a ratty old used one that could at least help supplement your Social Security.
LOL I plan to retire on the accumulated savings from NOT purchasing the mats and cover. ::)

Rich_S said:

Good one! :D

basically you are faced with a collector versus driver dilemna: driving WILL create all kinds of scratches on your paint, regardless of what kind of baby seal skin cover you use. so which kind are you? because the second you drive at 55 miles an hour, all kinds of micro scratches will appear.

Im actually against the clear bra thing, probably a weird aversion I carry from seeing those Bra cars in the 80s which, once the bra removed , had a really nasty " TAN LINE " :)

anyway, good luck with it, I have the stock cover, its nice, I use it, feels fine, but I DO drive my car without a Bra, so you get the type I am :)

don't fret the details, live a little, we all die at one point, so what's a few thousand dollars worth more in 25 yrs on your Boss because it was never driven but you died waxing it!

-north jersey bro ;-)

rom said:
basically you are faced with a collector versus driver dilemna: driving WILL create all kinds of scratches on your paint, regardless of what kind of baby seal skin cover you use. so which kind are you? because the second you drive at 55 miles an hour, all kinds of micro scratches will appear.

Im actually against the clear bra thing, probably a weird aversion I carry from seeing those Bra cars in the 80s which, once the bra removed , had a really nasty " TAN LINE " :)

anyway, good luck with it, I have the stock cover, its nice, I use it, feels fine, but I DO drive my car without a Bra, so you get the type I am :)

don't fret the details, live a little, we all die at one point, so what's a few thousand dollars worth more in 25 yrs on your Boss because it was never driven but you died waxing it!

-north jersey bro ;-)

:) Yeah, I think you have the right idea rom - I'm using the cover. Still freaks me a bit when it slides all over the car when I put in on, but doesn't seem to do any damage. And I agree, once you drive the car you have surrendered the paint to the eventualities of the environment in some way (bugs, rocks, etc.). Now, if you would have caught me 15 years ago, I would have been much more neurotic about it ;)

Boss3o2

I participate on a lot of the autmotive detailing forums, as I have always have had interests in detailing my cars. A few cliff notes for everyone to know, and remember, when it comes to car covers.

- If you plan to cover it after a drive, always remember to let the car cool down first. Especially the hood, and engine areas. I always pop the hood for 15 min. to let let most of the heat out.

- Make sure to wipe the car down, and don't cover it without doing so. Especially for any of you, that leave your car outside.

TMO Supporting Vendors