The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Question - How to pull your axels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi Everyone:

I am planning to install the GT500 rear rotors and mounting plates this weekend. In order to do so you have to pull the axels. I have never opened up the rear of my Boss or worked on a Torsen. I was wondering if anyone would mind doing a quick write-up on how to release the axels from the differential? Is there anything complicated about it or things to pay special attention to? I'm thinking it will be pretty straight forward once I get in there but I want to be prepared before I dive in.

Thanks
Sean

TMO Supporting Vendors