The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Question on Dashware

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Not sure how many of you guys are using Dashware to create overlays on video. I am still using the trial version since I want to vett it out fully before purchase. Two questions for those that have more experience with it than I do with it:

1) I can't seem to get it to handle the GPS positioning data that draws the track map and shows your position on the course. The red dot just sits it the bottom left corner. I am sure that I have that gauge widget set correctly yo X & Y GPS coordinates (set in Degrees). All the other gauges work (speed, lap, G's, etc.).

2) I have a I7 quad core Windows 7 PC laptop to run the software but I'd rather do it on my IMac since it has better video editing capabilities, bigger monitor, etc, etc. I am trying to install Dashware while running VMware within a Windows Vista virtual machine (wish I had Windows 7 disks but I do not). Initially it had issues with my version of .NET however that has been resolved with the latest updates. Now, when I try to install it it just fails after starting the install process (after the package in unzipped): Here's what I get:

The install dialog box reports the following upon failure:
Component Windows Installer 4.5 has failed to install with the following error message:
"Incorrect function. "

The following components failed to install:
- Windows Installer 4.5

See the setup log file located at 'C:\Users\PETERD~1\AppData\Local\Temp\VSD2692.tmp\install.log' for more information.

The tail end of the install log contains only the following:
'Windows Installer 4.5' RunCheck result: Install Needed
Verifying file integrity of C:\Users\PETERD~1\AppData\Local\Temp\VSD2692.tmp\WindowsInstaller4_5\Windows6.0-KB958655-v2-x86.MSU
WinVerifyTrust returned 0
File trusted
Installing using command 'C:\Users\PETERD~1\AppData\Local\Temp\VSD2692.tmp\WindowsInstaller4_5\Windows6.0-KB958655-v2-x86.MSU' and parameters '/quiet /norestart'
Process exited with code 1
Status of package 'Windows Installer 4.5' after install is 'InstallFailed'

Pete - I am not any help on Dashware as I am using DashMate data collection hardware inside my card and the TraqMate software that supports it. The system works great including syncing turning my GoPro on and off in the car and also syncing the video with the data on the software. I to have the same Mac issue as I am a die hard Mac user, and the software needs to run in Windows. I have tried running Windows on my Mac but found it too glitchy thus I have resorted to having PC laptop that I use only for the TraqMate.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
I figured it out. The X/Y gps data is in feet, not degrees. As for installation there is a problem with the Dashware setup.exe file but if you run the install program manually after the package is unzipped it installs and runs like a charm. I need to tune the VMWare settings to allocate some more CPU/memory to the VM running Vista . I'm damn to impressed with what thus damn Mac can do.

TMO Supporting Vendors